Letter for Cancellation
This Order Cancellation Letter (Sample and Writing Suggestions) is perfect if you regret placing an order and you want to formally cancel the product purchase.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.01 MB)
There might be several reasons why you changed your mind and need to cancel an order. Although there might be an official cancellation policy and procedure provided by the supplier, there can be several ways to do it. One thing is for sure, it's best to send out a formal written request that you need to cancel this order.
How do you write a letter to cancel an order?
To cancel an order means you want to terminate a processed or confirmed order. Cancellation can be related to a lot of different things and is often used when people regret buying a product or a service. When canceling an order from a company, the customer needs to provide written confirmation of the change, to avoid any legal issues with the other party.
Writing Tips to consider when you cancel an order:
- mention the date, name of the supplier, and buyer, and contact information;
- get straight to the point in your cancelation request;
- state when and where you have bought the product or the service;
- explain the reason for cancellation, what made you change your mind, for example, due to dissatisfied with service, delay of delivery, quality issues in the news, or specific circumstances that could have rendered the purchase unnecessary hence necessitating the cancellation;
- be polite and neutral. Consider the law, and check if for example, an 8 day, or 30 day notice period is necessary or effective;
- inform the supplier that they no longer have any permission with any activity related to your account (e.g. withdrawal of payments, any other services.);
- a written confirmation mail should be received regarding the status of the cancellation order;
- mention clearly the legal steps (judicial action) that would be taken if there is misuse after the notice period of a cancellation order is over;
- cancellation letter should be printed on decent quality of paper, or send by email.
- add a handwritten signature in the email or the letter. If you send an email, you can add a PDF of the letter with your signature, if you don't know how to add your signature in the email.
Do you have an urgent cancel request or complaint? Download this sample letter now for your convenience! In this case, we know you do not want to spend more time on the issue, but it’s good to take action and address the issue to the provider. A complaint hopefully increases the quality and service level of the organization that caused the issue.
This sample letter comes in Microsoft Office format and is ready to be tailored to your personal needs. You can add text, modify the content or remove content that is not applicable, and change the look and formatting. In fact, anything you are able to do with one of your own documents, you can do with this one as well. This regret letter cancellation order letter template is specifically designed to be flexible so that it can be adjusted to your needs and preferences.
Save this letter for cancellation if you have to apply for the cancellation of an order due to unexpected events directly that have been put together for you!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Deeann Hurst(10/21/2020) - USA
Please continue the good work, we all benefit from your templates.
Perfect for my situation. I am waiting for ages for my order, until now still not received. Have to cancel, glad to find your website and this letter of cancellation!
Caryl David(10/21/2020) - GBR
Thanks google and your website for providing me this solution
Belkis Rollins(10/21/2020) - AUS
Easy to download
Our Latest Blog
- Setting Up Your E-mail Marketing for Your Business: The Blueprint to Skyrocketing Engagement and Sales
- The Power of Document Templates: Enhancing Efficiency and Streamlining Workflows
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- regret letter for cancellation
- regret letter cancellation purchase order
- how to politely cancel an order
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
Free Staff Warning Letter Template
Salary Increase Professional Request Letter
Request for Salary Increase - Professional Letter
Requesting a Salary Increase: Compelling Request Letter
Donate to Our Charity - Donation Request Letter
Professional Sick Leave Letter Template
Salary Increase Request Letter
Project Funding Request Letter
Leave of Absence Template to HR
Request Letter for Changing Class
Application for shift change in office due to parental duties
Four-Day Work Week Request Letter
Authorization Letter to Collect Money on My Behalf
Advance salary request for house maintenance
FOIA Fee Waiver Request
Privacy Act Request Letter to Amend Records