An effective hotel job description is vital when finding suitable staff for your hotel. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
What is the job description of a hotel receptionist?
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Checking guests in and out.
- Receiving and managing reservations made online and telephonically.
- Verifying guests' payment methods during check-in.
- Assigning rooms to guests and informing them of any specials offered by the hotel.
- Organizing transport services for guests at their request.
- Providing guests with information about the hotel.
- Keeping abreast of attractions that may be of interest to guests.
- Serving as a host at conferences, and ensuring that all relevant preparations are made for the event.
- High school qualification or equivalent.
- Previous hospitality experience would be advantageous.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Well-presented and professional appearance.
- Competency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn on the job.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must have flexible hours.
If you are looking for other Hotel job descriptions, check the following:
- Hotel Housekeeping Job Description
- Hostess Job Description
- Hotel Manager Job Description
- Hospitality Job Description
- Hotel Security Job Description
- Hotel Sales Manager
By using this Hotel job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Hotel Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Margart Blankenship - NZL
This is very helpful for me. Appreciate.
Our Latest Blog
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job
- Best Bathroom Cleaning Checklist & its Components
- How to Get a Perfect Nursing Job?
- Tips to seamlessly communicate during the recruitment process