Hotel Sales Manager Job Description
How do I write a Hotel Sales Manager Job Description? Download this Hotel Sales Manager Job Description template now for your reference.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is vital when finding suitable job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
How do I write a Hotel Sales Manager Job Description?
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Develop action plans and set objectives for increased revenue and maximum profit for hotel management.
- Implement sales and marketing strategies necessary for attracting clients to patronize a hotel.
- Maintain a clear understanding of hotel policies and ensure compliance.
- Carry out research and analysis to identify new markets and business opportunities.
- Oversee the hiring and training of hotel sales representatives and other hotel personnel.
- Seek out business with large organizations such as churches, sports clubs or corporate firms to convince them to patronize their hotel.
- Prepare and distribute promotional and advertisement materials to create awareness for hotel products/services.
- Maintain a complete knowledge of all the services a hotel provides so as to conduct successful sales.
- Explain and notify clients of recent upgrades and available options for hotel services.
- Oversee the management of client account and service tab.
- Collaborate with event and wedding planners to ensure increased patronage and hotel booking
- Oversee the processing of payments and offering discounts to client when necessary.
- Assign job duties to hotel personnel and ensure effective performance of assigned tasks.
- Education and Training: To become a hotel sales manager, you require a Bachelor’s degree in business studies, marketing, finance, in other similar field. You also require several years of experience as a sales or marketing representative, preferably in the hospitality industry.
- Persuasive Skill: Hotel sales managers are able to convince potential clients to subscribe to hotel services.
- Customer Service Skill: They courteously interact with customers and ensure their needs and requirements are met.
- Leadership Skill: They are well versed in coordinating and managing hotel human resources to ensure smooth operations and maximum profit.
If you are looking for other Hotel job descriptions, check the following:
- Hotel Housekeeping Job Description
- Hostess Job Description
- Hotel Manager Job Description
- Hospitality Job Description
- Hotel Security Job Description
- Hotel Maintenance Job Description
By using this Hotel Sales Manager job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Hotel Sales Manager Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Carma Hutchinson(12/10/2021) - NZL
5* thank you
Leatrice Schwartz(12/10/2021) - DEU
Carry Hensley(12/10/2021) - GBR
Endorsd the website to my professional relations and friends
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description
Economic Analyst Job Description
Talent Management Job Description
Construction Project Manager Job Description
Compensation Specialist Job Description