Hospitality Job Description
How do I write a Hospitality Job Description? Download this Hospitality Job Description template now for your reference.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective job description is vital when finding suitable job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
How do I write a Hospitality Job Description?
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Planning, organizing, and managing the daily operations of the hospitality staff to ensure efficiency;
- Supervising staff members and communicating the importance of customer satisfaction;
- Checking the quantity and quality of supplies and equipment on a daily basis, such as guest amenities;
- Maintaining a high standard of customer service according to company operating procedures;
- Attending to any complaints logged by guests in a professional and timely manner;
- Performing monthly evaluations of staff members according to performance and participation;
- Preparing the monthly budget of the hospitality division and creating expenditure reports for senior management review;
- Working with the human resources department to recruit and train new personnel;
- Determining the future goals of the hospitality division by studying market trends and working with the marketing team.
- Applicants for job positions available in the Hospitality area are required to have a Degree or Diploma in Hospitality or related subjects offered by community colleges, vocational schools, or online programs.
- Most employers demand candidates having suitable work experience in order to meet with the knowledge and skills required for these jobs.
If you are looking for other Hotel job descriptions, check the following:
- Hotel Housekeeping Job Description
- Hotel Front Desk Job Description
- Hostess Job Description
- Hotel Manager Job Description
- Hotel Security Job Description
By using this Hospitality job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Hospitality Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Nicki Velazquez(12/10/2021) - GBR
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description
Economic Analyst Job Description
Talent Management Job Description
Construction Project Manager Job Description
Compensation Specialist Job Description