Accepting resignation letter
Do you need an Acceptance of resignation letter? Download this professional Accepting a resignation letter template now and sent it to the employee.
.docx (0.01 MB)
Accepting a resignation letter from an employee is one of the best outcomes for the company and the employee. However, if the situation could be changed, due to changes in the work agreement or primary and secondary labor conditions, it's important to firstly set up a meeting to discuss the resignation. This way you can mitigate many of the problems and keeps morale high. If an employee wants to resign, then it must be for a valid reason. Maybe they want to take their career in a new direction or they're just not happy working in the same profession for too long. The departure of any team member can seriously disrupt business operations. Whatever it maybe it's done with their best interest in mind and as an employer, that should be important to you. It's best to follow the instruction, worst case is that the employee is thankful and does his or her best until the last working day.
How do you respond to an employee resignation?
If you need to reply a resignation letter, consider the following suggestions on how to handle resignations in your team:
- Try your best to listen to more than half the time when you have the exit meeting or salary discussion;
- Stay calm and count to ten before you respond to the remarks of your resigning employee and replace anger with empathy;
- Arrange a proper handover and minimize disruption of his or her colleagues;
- Make sure the companies' message is consistent, from boss, HR, and colleagues;
- Only praise the former employee, you never know if you need them again in the future, or if they are willing to bring in a good deal;
- Announce the news via an email when the employee is still working;
- Stay in touch with the employee, or make sure he becomes an official alumnus and invite him or her for future events;
- Attempt to negotiate if the employee mainly leaves for small issues or affordable salary requirements;
- Ask for extra time if the person is difficult to replace in the time given;
- Re-evaluate your company risks;
- Throw a party on the last day(s) when the employee leaves.
Even though many resignations can be unpredictable, we hope the above ideas can be helpful. Keep them in mind to prevent the negative implications of the loss. We support you by providing this Accepting a resignation letter template and you will see that you will save time and increase your effectiveness.
Sample sentences for an accepting resignation letter:
- This is to confirm the acceptance of your resignation which we received on date.
- In accordance with your contract, your last working day will be some date.
- We are sure that you will continue to perform to your best abilities for the remaining period as you have always done.
- It has been a pleasure working with you.
- The company name would like to thank you for your service and efforts and wishes you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
Do you need an Acceptance of resignation letter? Download this professional Accepting a resignation letter template now!
For more? Just search on our website and get instant access to thousands of free and premium legal agreements, business documents, forms, letters, reports, plans, resumes templates used by professionals in your industry. All business templates are easy and quick to find, crafted by professionals, wisely structured, ready-made, and intuitive.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Merry Martinez - GBR
I'm very busy, and this is very helpful
Nona Shah - NZL
Very easy to use file.
Kena Meyers - NZL
Great file, handy website
Our Latest Blog
- Job Website List United States (part 1)
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations in Word
- The Guide for Writing an Introduction Letter for a Job
- How Do You Write a Contract Agreement?