- .docx (0.02 MB)
A promissory note is a repayment agreement between a borrower and a financial lender. It constitutes a promise by the borrower to pay back any sums lent to them. It needs to be written by hand. Anyone who wishes to lend money can issue one, not just a bank, credit union, or financial technology provider, and the promissory note will contain terms of the agreement between each party.
How do you write a Promissory Note?
Your Promissory note needs to consist of these topics:
- Describe the Terms: The agreed terms of payment should be specified in the note, which must include:
- The loan theory or the sum lent at the outset.
- The rate of interest.
- Maturity date, or the date on which the loan is due.
- While the rules differ from place to place, the creditor should always sign a promissory note.
- Some law requires both the payee and the creator to sign the check. Others need a witness, though it’s a good idea to get all signatures acknowledged by a notary.
- Clearly Define If Interest is included. Find out how much interest you’ll pay and how long you’ll have to pay back the loan. If the debt is repaid in one lump sum, note the due date as well as the total amount. If the repayment is made in installments, specify the deadline for each payment and the price payable. Also, include fines or damages that might be imposed if the creditor fails to make a payment on time.
- Schedule repayment terms. When planning your repayment schedule, consider what you can handle first, and then build a plan that keeps up with the payments. You will create a repayment plan that is more in line with the company’s projected earnings with loans. The first deposit on a promissory note is usually within 30 days. However, you could be given a six-month grace period before being required to make monthly payments under an interest-only deal.
- Pledge Security. You only have a monetary responsibility to repay the loan. However, a lender can need a protection arrangement, which means you guarantee or provide some kind of collateral.
- Signatures: Make sure that both the borrower and the lender have signed the promissory note. The signatures of all parties are required for a promissory note to be enforceable by law. You can use the promissory note template by CocoSign and the parties to sign them online under multiple layers of protection.
After downloading this Promissory Note and filling in the blanks, you can easily customize the style, typography, details, and appearance of your Promissory Note. If this isn't the right template that you are looking for, then certainly take a look at the other letters that Bizzlibrary.com has to offer. We have many letters ranging from cover letters to business letters and thank you notes.
The Content Is For informational purposes only, you should Not construe any such information Or other material As legal, tax, investment, financial, Or other advice. Nothing contained On our Site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, Or offer by Bizzlibrary Or any third party service provider To buy Or sell any securities Or other financial instruments In this Or In In any other jurisdiction In which such solicitation Or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws Of such jurisdiction.
Donella Santiago - GBR
Thank you for this!!
Faviola Rocha - AUS
Thanks for your input
Delivery Instant Download
Your file will be available for download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
Is your organisation GDPR proof? Demonstrate your efforts in order to become compliant with the GDPR with this set of mandatory compliance document templates.
Learn More About GDPR Documents