User Data Deletion Request Form
How do you request data deletion by GDPR? The following questions must be able to be answered: Is Personal Data subject to processing? What is the purpose?
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.03 MB)
The EU General Data Protection Regulation came into place in 2018. The regulation, which replaces the 1995 Data Protection Directive, makes changes to the way data is handled and processed in the EU. It is a legal framework that sets the exact guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information from any individuals who live in the EU. An important part of GDPR is Data processing and Data management, and how organizations deal with Data deletion.
How do you request data deletion by GDPR?
The following details about Data processing must be included:
- the data subject matter and duration of the processing;
- the nature of data and purpose of the processing;
- Type of Personal Data and categories of the data subject, such as:
- Personal Data in the controller’s databases
- Printout of personal data
- Electronic message with my personal data
- View at the controller’s site
- Data Controller's obligations and rights.
Regarding Data Processing, the following questions must be able to be answered:
- Is Personal Data subject to processing?
- What is the purpose of the Data processing?
- Type of the processing (data, goal, report)
- Are there decisions based solely on automatic processing?
Why GDPR is important for companies outside the EU?
First of all, GDPR isn’t exclusively enforceable on EU-based companies. The regulation affects organizations both inside and outside of the European Union (EU). Any organization dealing with EU businesses, residents, or citizens’ data will have to comply with the GDPR! The regulations make it very clear that all organizations handling such data will be required to comply, regardless of location or jurisdiction.
Since the Regulation applies regardless of where the organization is based, you will also need to ensure your website is GDPR proof if that website attracts European visitors, even if you don't specifically market goods and/or services to EU citizens.
If an organization is collecting information from an individual directly, it must include the following information in its privacy notice, such as the identity and contact details of the organization, its representative, and its Data Protection Officer (DPO). According to the GDPR, organizations must provide people with a privacy notice that is:
- In a concise, transparent, intelligible, and easily accessible form
- Written in clear and plain language, particularly for any information addressed specifically to a child
- Delivered in a timely manner
- Provided free of charge
GDPR privacy notice best practices
This kind of phrases are better when you want to comply with GDPR:
- “We will retain your shopping history and use details of the products you have previously purchased to make suggestions to you for other products which we believe you will also be interested in” (it is clear that what types of data will be processed, that the data subject will be subject to targeted advertisements for products and that their data will be used to enable this)
- “We will retain and evaluate information on your recent visits to our website and how you move around different sections of our website for analytics purposes to understand how people use our website so that we can make it more intuitive” (it is clear what type of data will be processed and the type of analysis which the controller is going to undertake)
- “We will keep a record of the articles on our website that you have clicked on and use that information to target advertising on this website to you that is relevant to your interests, which we have identified based on articles you have read” (it is clear what the personalization entails and how the interests attributed to the data subject have been identified)
Download this User Data Deletion Request Form if your organization collects personal data directly from EU Citizens.
For more information, check out:
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Very useful document, thanks for the GDPR KIT!
Judie Clayton(1/20/2021) - DEU
The document is really insightful
Delivery Instant Download
Your file will be available for download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
Our Latest Blog
- The Importance of Vehicle Inspections in Rent-to-Own Car Agreements
- Setting Up Your E-mail Marketing for Your Business: The Blueprint to Skyrocketing Engagement and Sales
- The Power of Document Templates: Enhancing Efficiency and Streamlining Workflows
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
Modern School Technology: Enhancing Education through Innovative Tools and Solutions
Corporate Credit Solutions for Small Businesses | Sample Template
Cash Flow Statement in Excel
Medical Assistant Incident Report
Commercial Real Estate Purchase Form | Contract for Property Purchase | Seller & Buyer Agreement
Restaurant Menu Order Form - Sample Example Format | Phone Ordering Available
Register for a Free Legal Entity Form - Country Registration Number | Nummer
Printable Checklist Template for Teachers - Group Reservations: Prior Confirmations
Order Form Template for Printable Events | Round, Colorful Plates
Service Teacher Training Certificate for Effective School Teacher and Student Development
Disciplinary Action Tracking - Complaint Tracking & Information
Volunteer Form for Figs: Get Information and Submit Volunteer Details
Efficient Material Inspection: Simplifying Information Collection & Reducing Burden
Property Questionnaire Template - Get Your Property Questions Answered
Place Your Generic Catering Order Today - Easy & Convenient
Tenant Landlord Template