Tax Return Postponement Request Letter
How to apply for a tax return submission postponement? Download this request letter for tax return postponement letter now for your convenience.
.docx (0.01 MB)
If you carry on a trade, profession, or business in form of a corporation, partnership business, or if a non-resident person is chargeable to profits tax in your name, you should complete the profits tax return and any required supplementary forms and file to the tax authorities by the due date.
How to apply for a tax return submission postponement?
If you cannot meet the due date, for some reason, you can call the tax authorities to discuss tax submission postponement. In that case, you must apply for a postponement before a certain date, then you will then be (often) granted a postponement for a few months. You can also ask for a postponement in writing by means of the postponement form if the authorities provide you this. This is how to notify us of all your relevant details. Otherwise, the procedure to apply for a postponement is as follows:
- Fill in this letter on your computer and print it out.
- Sign and stamp it
- Scan it or sent it Send it by mail and/or email to the tax authorities (email if allowed)
- By doing so you can be sure to have included all the relevant information.
There are many rules to follow when writing a formal letter like a Request for a tax extension, and these are the essential rules to follow:
Type your address
- Type your address and telephone number, flush left on the top of the page.
- It is not necessary to include your name or title here, as it will be included in the closing.
Type the date
- Type the date, in the format: month, day, and year on one line below your address and telephone number, flush left.
Type the tax authorities recipient’s address
- Type the name of the recipient's, include the title, and address on one-line, flush left.
- Whenever possible, address the letter to a specific individual.
Type the salutation
- Type the recipient's personal title and full name in the salutation, one line after the recipient's address, flush left, followed by a colon.
- Leave one line blank after the salutation.
- Suggestion: use the tax advisors’ full name unless you usually refer to the individual by a first name.
Compose the letter
- In the first paragraph of the letter's body, you state the request to postpone the request for postponement of the tax submission. It is best to mention a reason, that supports why you need more time. For example, to cushion the consequences of the coronavirus, you have been taking measures. Please write all the relevant details in the letter, because that will speed up the process. Consider the following important details:
- Incorporation number
- Business registration number
- Tax ID
- Company name
- Date of submission Company Tax return
- Requested date (postponed date)
- Company Stamp
- In the final paragraph, you need to summarize the purpose of your letter and suggest a suitable course of action to follow. Do not indent the paragraphs. But instead, leave an empty line between each paragraph.
Close the letter
- Close the letter without indentation, leaving three or four lines for your signature between the closing and your typed name and title.
As you know, communicating in a professional manner with the tax authorities will get you respect which will be helpful to get your request granted. If they impose an assessment on you after you will pay tax interest on it. When granted a postponement. You will receive a letter and confirmation from them within a few weeks. Therefore, we support you by providing this Request for tax extension template and you will see you will save time and increase your effectiveness. Please note this template is provided for guidance only. Letters and other correspondence should be edited and modified to fit your personal situation.
If you feel overwhelmed by all this information, just download this formal Request for tax extension template now, good luck! Do apply in time to make sure you avoid any further penalties.
Download this ‘request letter for tax return postponement’ letter now for your convenience.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Wendell Hoffman - AUS
Thanks for the tips in your file.
Bianca Brewer - GBR
Easy and quick to modify
Johnna Landry - AUS
Thanks for your input
Athena Stout - AUS
You deserve more stars, but there are none
Glynis Warren - DEU
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.