Hotel Maintenance Job Description
What does a hotel maintenance worker do? What is a hotel maintenance technician? Download this sample Hotel Maintenance Job Description now for your reference.
.docx (0.03 MB)
An effective hotel job description is vital when finding suitable job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
What is hotel maintenance job description?
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
What does a hotel maintenance worker do?
When creating a job description, the hr manager may include:
- Acts as the primary contact for all regional personnel for any building issues (climate control, odors, smoke, spills, damage, emergencies and repairs).
- Monitors contractor performance and works closely with outside vendors and contractors to ensure work is completed according to specifications.
- May act as the project coordinator for all size projects including large scale repair and new facility construction projects.
- Assists with maintaining building security and immediately responds to building emergencies on a 24-hour basis.
- Assists the Facilities Manager in preparing the annual maintenance budget.
- Solicits bids and quotes from vendors.
- Monitors and replaces light bulbs in all assigned facilities, as needed.
- Makes minor plumbing repairs, as necessary.
- Coordinates and assists with departmental and employee moves.
- Performs basic electrical work and determines when a electrician is required.
- Hangs pictures and shelving, as needed.
- Dismantles and installs furniture.
- Transports goods or equipment as assigned.
- Perform basic tasks including painting and filling crevices, clean facilities and managing maintenance repairs.
- Perform repairs on company machinery, equipment or appliances.
- Detect and report the need for major maintenance repairs.
- Regularly check community spaces to identify issues with litter, mechanical failure or breakdowns.
- Respond to clients’ maintenance requests in a timely and professional manner.
- Repair plumbing, electrical and safety systems.
- Maintain the cleanliness of outside spaces such as parking lots and sidewalks.
- Oversee the sprinkler system and trash containers on the company premises.
- Conduct performance assessments of company appliances, such as refrigerators, microwaves, stoves, ovens and coffee makers.
- Provide clients’ with support and guidance on maintaining their equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification required.
- Be able to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to utilize/view a PC and/or monitor.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Must be comfortable and able to work on a ladder of 20 feet.
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Must have a valid NYS Drivers License and reliable vehicle.
- A minimum of 2 years’ working experience in a similar role.
- Solid experience with plumbing and electrical systems.
- Ability to work with hardware tools and power equipment.
- Extremely organized with good communication skills.
- Detail-orientated with an aptitude for problem-solving.
If you are looking for other Hotel job descriptions, check the following:
- Hotel Housekeeping Job Description
- Hotel Manager Job Description
- Hospitality Job Description
- Hotel Security Job Description
- Hotel Sales Manager Job Description
By using this hotel maintenance job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This hotel maintenance job description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs.
Download this sample Hotel Maintenance Job Description now for your reference.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Evia Shelton - GBR
Great materials I found on this page.
Our Latest Blog
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job
- Best Bathroom Cleaning Checklist & its Components
- How to Get a Perfect Nursing Job?
- Tips to seamlessly communicate during the recruitment process