Cancel order letter sample
When canceling an order, a customer needs to send a written confirmation letter or email to avoid any legal issues with the other party
.docx (0.01 MB)
There might be several reasons why you changed your mind and need to cancel an order. Although there might be an official cancellation policy and procedure provided by the supplier, there can be several ways to do it. One thing is for sure, it's best to send out a formal written request that you need to cancel this order.
How to write an order cancellation email?
To cancel an order means you want to terminate a processed or confirmed order. Cancellation can be related to a lot of different things and is often used when people regret buying a product or a service. When canceling an order from a company, the customer needs to provide written confirmation of the change, to avoid any legal issues with the other party.
Writing Tips to consider when you cancel an order:
- mention the date, name of the supplier, and buyer, and contact information;
- get straight to the point in your cancelation request;
- state when and where you have bought the product or the service;
- explain the reason for cancellation, what made you change your mind, for example, due to dissatisfied with service, delay of delivery, quality issues in the news, or specific circumstances that could have rendered the purchase unnecessary hence necessitating the cancellation;
- be polite and neutral. Consider the law, and check if, for example, an 8 day, or 30 day notice period is necessary or effective;
- inform the supplier that they no longer have any permission with any activity related to your account (e.g. withdrawal of payments, any other services.);
- a written confirmation mail should be received regarding the status of the cancellation order;
- mention clearly the legal steps (judicial action) that would be taken if there is misuse after the notice period of a cancellation order is over;
- cancellation letter should be printed on decent quality of paper, or send by email.
- add a handwritten signature in the email or the letter. If you send an email, you can add a PDF of the letter with your signature, if you don't know how to add your signature in the email.
Do you have an urgent cancel request or complaint? Download this sample letter now for your convenience! In this case, we know you do not want to spend more time on the issue, but it’s good to take action and address the issue to the provider. A complaint hopefully increases the quality and service level of the organization that caused the issue.
This letter comes in Microsoft Office format and is ready to be tailored to your personal needs. You can add text, modify the content or remove content that is not applicable, and change the look and formatting. In fact, anything you are able to do with one of your own documents, you can do with this one as well. This letter template is deliberately designed to be flexible so that it can be adjusted to your needs and preferences.
Therefore, we do not recommend you spend lots of precious time searching for a suitable cancelation request letter. Just save this cancel order letter for example if you have to apply for cancellation of an order due to unexpected events directly that has been put together for you!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Noel Bean - AUS
Never easy to start from scratch, this document template is giving me the right content
Leda Gross - GBR
The structure and content are great
Our Latest Blog
- Job Website List United States (part 1)
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations in Word
- The Guide for Writing an Introduction Letter for a Job
- How Do You Write a Contract Agreement?