Resignation cover letter
How do you write a Resignation cover letter? When writing such a letter check out and download this sample Resignation cover letter
.docx (0.01 MB)
How do you write a Resignation cover letter?
A resignation cover letter can be issued on good or bad terms. It is written to inform the concerned party of your or their departure. It is crucial to give this information well in advance, at least two weeks’ notice so that preparations can be made for the transition. The document formalizes your reasons for leaving the company and allows appreciation of the period in employment.
Tips for writing a resignation cover letter:
- Make sure you keep the language polite and professional to encourage the person to continue reading;
- Express gratitude for the period you have worked together;
- It is advisable to give a reason for leaving even though it is optional;
- Offer to help with the transition process including training and recruiting a replacement ;
- Note your last day of employment and reasonable notice;
- Give your contact information in case anyone wants to get in touch with you;
- Avoid complaints and critiques in the letter.
This was not an easy decision to make. The past ten years have been very rewarding. I have enjoyed working for you and managing a very successful team dedicated to a quality product delivered on time.
Thank you for the opportunities for growth that you have provided me. I wish you and the company all the best. If I can be of any help during the transition, please do not hesitate to ask.
This letter is easy to use. You only have to download it and write in your own information. If this isn't the right letter you're looking for, then take a look at the other cover letters that Bizzlibrary.com
has to offer. We have many letters ranging from cover letters to business letters and thank you notes.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Karole Hatfield - USA
Now I can see my kids tonight, thanks.
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.