How do you write a Resignation cover letter?
A resignation cover letter can be issued on good or bad terms. It is written to inform the concerned party of your or their departure. It is crucial to give this information well in advance, at least two weeks’ notice so that preparations can be made for the transition. The document formalizes your reasons for leaving the company and allows appreciation of the period in employment.
Tips for writing a resignation cover letter:
- Make sure you keep the language polite and professional to encourage the person to continue reading;
- Express gratitude for the period you have worked together;
- It is advisable to give a reason for leaving even though it is optional;
- Offer to help with the transition process including training and recruiting a replacement ;
- Note your last day of employment and reasonable notice;
- Give your contact information in case anyone wants to get in touch with you;
- Avoid complaints and critiques in the letter.
This was not an easy decision to make. The past ten years have been very rewarding. I have enjoyed working for you and managing a very successful team dedicated to a quality product delivered on time.
Thank you for the opportunities for growth that you have provided me. I wish you and the company all the best. If I can be of any help during the transition, please do not hesitate to ask.
This letter is easy to use. You only have to download it and write in your own information. If this isn't the right letter you're looking for, then take a look at the other cover letters that Bizzlibrary.com
has to offer. We have many letters ranging from cover letters to business letters and thank you notes.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Karole Hatfield - USA
Now I can see my kids tonight, thanks.
Is your organisation GDPR proof? Demonstrate your efforts in order to become compliant with the GDPR with this set of mandatory compliance document templates.
Learn More About GDPR Documents
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations in Word
- The Guide for Writing an Introduction Letter for a Job
- How Do You Write a Contract Agreement?
- How write and setup a contract?