A loan agreement is a written agreement between a lender and a borrower. The borrower promises to pay back the loan in line with a repayment schedule (regular payments or a lump sum). As a lender, this document is very useful as it legally enforces the borrower to repay the loan. This loan agreement can be used for business, personal, real estate, and student loans.
How to write a Loan Agreement?
Include key terms of the loan, such as the lender and borrower’s contact information, the reason for the loan, what is being loaned, the interest rate, the repayment plan, what would happen if the borrower can’t make the payments, and more. A loan agreement should include these topics:
- The amount of the loan, also known as the principal amount.
- The date of the creation of the loan agreement.
- The name, address, and contact information of the borrower.
- The name, address, and contact information of the lender.
- A plan for loan payment, such as a monthly payment plan with start dates and due dates.
- The maturity date or the date that the final payment is due on the loan.
- The interest rate of the loan and how payments will be applied to it.
- Prepayment details specifying if and how the borrower may make additional payments or pay back the loan in one lump sum.
- Consequences if the borrower fails to make payments or in the event of default. You may also include penalties such as late fees for late payments.
- Details about guarantors who promise to repay the loan should the borrower fail to pay or successors who will be responsible for the loan in the case that the borrower passes away.
- An “in witness whereof” section for signatures and dates of signatures from the borrower, the lender, and one or two witnesses.
After downloading this sample agreement and filling in the blanks, you can easily customize the style, typography, details, and appearance of your Loan Agreement. If this isn't the right template that you are looking for, then certainly take a look at the other letters that Bizzlibrary.com has to offer. We have many letters ranging from cover letters to business letters and thank you notes.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Rebbecca Williamson - NZL
Luisa Calderon - USA
Kimiko Sexton - GBR
Brilliant file from Bizzlibrary!
Sharie Compton - GBR
Grateful and many thanks.
Quiana Mcintyre - DEU
Our Latest Blog
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job
- Best Bathroom Cleaning Checklist & its Components
- How to Get a Perfect Nursing Job?
- Tips to seamlessly communicate during the recruitment process