Summer Custodian Job Description
What is a Summer Custodian job description? Download this Summer Custodian Job Description template now for your reference.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling temporary custodian job description is vital when recruiting the right people. By using a ready-made summer custodian job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
What is a Summer Custodian?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Summer Custodian?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Maintain floors in a clean state by sweeping, scrubbing, mopping, and waxing them.
- Empty and clean trash receptacles and collect recycling.
- Clean, sanitize, and supply bathrooms.
- Clean and service custodial equipment as needed.
- Perform minor repairs on furniture, buildings, and equipment.
- Report any safety, sanitary, or fire hazards to the appropriate department.
- Lock and unlock windows, doors, and gates.
- Ensure grounds areas are clean and orderly.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Previous custodial and grounds experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Comfortable squatting, twisting, bending, and kneeling while using tools and performing maintenance tasks.
- Possess working knowledge of the methods, technique, and materials used in custodial work.
- Ability to climb ladders and work from heights.
- Familiar with operating, caring for, and storing custodial equipment and supplies.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Summer Custodian job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Summer Custodian Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Florentina Conner(12/21/2021) - USA
Simply Sublime document :)
Eleni Lambert(12/21/2021) - DEU
I just browsed on the website, find some great documents
Our Latest Blog
- The Importance of Vehicle Inspections in Rent-to-Own Car Agreements
- Setting Up Your E-mail Marketing for Your Business: The Blueprint to Skyrocketing Engagement and Sales
- The Power of Document Templates: Enhancing Efficiency and Streamlining Workflows
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
Product Manager Real Estate Job Description
Restaurant Waiter Job Description | Manager | Customer Service | Serving Customers
Resort Nanny Job Description | Caring for Children, Cleaning, Assisting Parents
Pod Nanny Job Description: Experienced Nannies for Your Child's Education and Care
Administrative Job Description Template for Manager | Department | Agency | Administrative
School Secretary Job Description: Office Staff & Personnel for Students
Free Download: HR First Job Resume Template | University, Experience, Skills, Relevant | Halifax
Foundation Treasurer Job Description [Financial]
Regional Admissions Counselor Job Description
School Nutritionist Job Description
Deputy Manager Catering Job Description
School Catering Assistant Job Description
Resident Firefighter Job Description | Duties, Station Requirements
Client Seminar Planning Checklist: Advisor Tips for Engaging Their Clients in 4 Weeks
Dentist Nurse Job Description - Dental Practice: Ensuring Patients' Care
Research Assistant Copywriter Job Description - Join our team of talented research officers!