Supervisor Job Description
How do I write a Supervisor Job Description? Download this Supervisor Job Description template now for your reference.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Supervisor job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Supervisor?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision and communicate them to subordinates.
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks.
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Receive complaints and resolve problems.
- Maintain timekeeping and personnel records.
- Pass on information from upper management to employees and vice versa.
- Prepare and submit performance reports.
- Decide on reward and promotion based on performance.
- Hire and train new employees.
- Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures and undertake disciplinary actions if the need arises.
- Proven experience as supervisor or relevant role.
- Familiarity with company policies and legal guidelines of the field.
- Ability to learn a variety of job descriptions.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Diploma/Certificate in first line management or relevant field.
- High school diploma; BSc/BA in management or relevant discipline will be considered an advantage.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Supervisor job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Supervisor Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Rosalie Nolan(12/21/2021) - USA
Endorsed teh document and page to my network
Marcell Stephens(12/21/2021) - AUS
Our Latest Blog
- The Importance of Vehicle Inspections in Rent-to-Own Car Agreements
- Setting Up Your E-mail Marketing for Your Business: The Blueprint to Skyrocketing Engagement and Sales
- The Power of Document Templates: Enhancing Efficiency and Streamlining Workflows
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
Product Manager Real Estate Job Description
Restaurant Waiter Job Description | Manager | Customer Service | Serving Customers
Resort Nanny Job Description | Caring for Children, Cleaning, Assisting Parents
Pod Nanny Job Description: Experienced Nannies for Your Child's Education and Care
Administrative Job Description Template for Manager | Department | Agency | Administrative
School Secretary Job Description: Office Staff & Personnel for Students
Free Download: HR First Job Resume Template | University, Experience, Skills, Relevant | Halifax
Foundation Treasurer Job Description [Financial]
Regional Admissions Counselor Job Description
School Nutritionist Job Description
Deputy Manager Catering Job Description
School Catering Assistant Job Description
Resident Firefighter Job Description | Duties, Station Requirements
Client Seminar Planning Checklist: Advisor Tips for Engaging Their Clients in 4 Weeks
Dentist Nurse Job Description - Dental Practice: Ensuring Patients' Care
Research Assistant Copywriter Job Description - Join our team of talented research officers!