Quality Assurance Tester Job Description
How do you write a job description for a Quality Assurance Tester? Download this sample job description template now and post your open vacancy in minutes.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling Quality Assurance (QA) job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional QA testing job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this sample template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open listing. This will give you a head start.
How to write a Quality Assurance Tester job description?
A Quality Assurance Junior Tester conducts software testing to identify defects or issues and ensure overall adherence to client and industry standards. Their duties include planning and executing test cases, troubleshooting software and applications, reporting bugs, and documenting methods and procedures and any issues found during testing. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Junior QA testers perform a variety of tests, such as regression, integration, platform, and performance testing to confirm the stability of software systems.
- Communicating with clients and stakeholders, junior QA testers present demos and answer questions at the end of a sprint.
- Junior QA testers report and solve bugs. They track bugs using programs like JIRA.
- Junior QA testers work collaboratively with QA, development, and business groups to complete testing.
- Junior QA testers generate automation metrics. They research and use tools with the goal of increasing automation.
- Junior QA testers typically have a bachelor’s degree in computer science.
- They are familiar with quality assurance and are skilled in carefully finding bugs.
- Employers prefer junior QA testers to have up to five years of prior experience providing quality assurance or writing test scripts.
- Some junior QA testers have software-related training or certification, such as a certified software tester or agile tester designation.
By using this Quality Assurance Tester job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Get this printable QA file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Quality Assurance Tester job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Maryln Stuart(6/6/2022) - USA
I think this document is useful.
Daniell Dougherty(6/6/2022) - GBR
Dorris Ross(12/23/2021) - AUS
I share a tip with you, go on and make more nice templates!
Cira Mcguire(12/23/2021) - DEU
High quality file!
Our Latest Blog
- The Importance of Vehicle Inspections in Rent-to-Own Car Agreements
- Setting Up Your E-mail Marketing for Your Business: The Blueprint to Skyrocketing Engagement and Sales
- The Power of Document Templates: Enhancing Efficiency and Streamlining Workflows
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
Service Quality Report
Free Swot Analysis Template - Improve Your Business Strategy Today
Maximize Personal and Team Performance with Operations Manager Skills
Efficient Social Work Client Notes and Information Practice
Quality Manual Template
Quality Management Manual
Project Quality Sheet
One Page Standard Operating Procedure
Quality Assurance Lead Job Description
Quality Controller Job Description
Quality Assurance Junior Job Description
Quality Control Cover Letter
Quality Assurance Cover letter
Food Coloring Chart
Stock confirmation letter