Model Release Form
How do you write a Model release form? When looking for a Model release form you can always download and use this one.
.docx (0.02 MB)
In simple terms, a release form is a signed document stating that you have permission to use images of a person, location, or items such as logos and photos in your video. So if you're a model, then you need to sign such a form to indicate that the photographer has permission to use images of you that they have taken.
Why should you sign a Model release form?
There are 2 reasons as to when you may have to use a release form:
- To protect you from potential lawsuits for claims such as invasion of privacy or defamation.
- To give you options to sell the rights to your video in the future or to show the video as part of your portfolio.
When to use a release form:
Now for the tricky part: when to use release forms. The first factor to consider is whether you are creating the video for editorial or commercial purposes.
- Editorial Use; Editorial use refers to entities such as TV news, newspapers, and magazines. Their main purpose is to inform and educate. They use video in a non-commercial, non-promotional way. If you're making a video for a news organization, you generally don't need release forms.
2. Commercial use; Commercial use refers to pretty much everything else (aside from home use). If the video is part of a monetization process, it is considered commercial. So if you're making a video to appear on a company's website or to promote a product, you'll need release forms, for example.
Model Release Form
This Model Release Form “Agreement” is made and effective. by and between Photographer", and the “Model". In consideration of my engagement as a model, and for other good and valuable consideration herein acknowledged as received, I hereby grant the following rights and permissions to ("Photographer"), his/her heirs, legal representatives, and assigns those for whom Photographer is acting, and those acting with his/her authority and permission. They have the irrevocable, perpetual, and unrestricted right and permission to take, use, re-use, publish, and republish photographic portraits or pictures of me or in which I may be included, in whole or in part, or composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction as to changes or alterations, in conjunction with my own or a fictitious name, or reproductions thereof in color or otherwise, made through any medium at his/her studios or elsewhere, and in any and all media now or hereafter known, specifically including but not limited to print media and distribution over the internet for illustration, promotion, art, editorial, advertising, trade, or any other purpose ...
After downloading this release form and filling in the blanks, you can easily customize the style, typography, details, and appearance of your Model release form. If this isn't the right form you are looking for, then certainly take a look at the other letters that Bizzlibrary.com offers. We have many letters ranging from cover letters to business letters and thank you notes.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Sena Waller - NZL
The file is very good
Ethan Daniels - DEU
Thank you for this example document
Delivery Instant Download
Your file will be available for download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
Our Latest Blog
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job
- Best Bathroom Cleaning Checklist & its Components
- How to Get a Perfect Nursing Job?
- Tips to seamlessly communicate during the recruitment process