Bill of Sale Template
What is the purpose of a Bill of sale? How do I write a Bill of sale? Check and download this printable blank bill of sale sample here.
.docx (0.02 MB)
A bill of sale is a document that verifies your purchase of a valuable asset such as a car, a TV or other large item. . It also releases the seller from liability and protects both buyer and seller from any disputes that may arise over the item in the future.
How do I write a Bill of sale?
When making a simple bill of sale in Word, it's best to find a suitable document template that you can modify. This will save you time and you might not forget to add anything. When you are selling simple products or high priced items, a simple or detailed bill of sale may suffice, depending on the item for sale and state requirements.
When writing a bill of sale be sure to include:
- The seller's name and address.
- The buyer's name and address.
- A description of the item being sold, including serial numbers, identification numbers, make, model, size, color, design, any distinguishing marks, features or faults.
- The vehicle identification number (VIN) and license plate number (if you're writing it for a vehicle).
- Current mileage (If you're writing for a vehicle).
- Special conditions to the sale (e.g. sold as is, with warranty, etc.).
- The date of transaction.
- The previous owner (who sold it to the seller).
- The selling price (written in words and in numerals).
- The method of payment (i.e. in installments or in full, cash, check, credit card or bank deposit).
- Any agreements regarding due dates for pending payments, late payments and interest rates.
Do you need a blank Bill of sale? For your convenience, we already drafted a Bill of sale template for you, so you are ready in a jiffy. Download this printable Bill of sale template now! For more? Just search on our website and have instant access to hundreds of free and premium legal agreements, business documents, forms, letters, reports, plans, resumes templates used by professionals in your industry.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Teressa Wade - AUS
Thank you for this!!
Our Latest Blog
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job
- Best Bathroom Cleaning Checklist & its Components
- How to Get a Perfect Nursing Job?
- Tips to seamlessly communicate during the recruitment process