Disaster recovery and business continuity plan checklist
What does a business disaster recovery and business continuity plan typically includes? Download this Business Continuity Disaster Plan Checklist template directly!
.xlsx (0.03 MB)
A disaster might not happen, but a business needs to prepare for every relevant disaster, in order to be able to guarandee continuity to the stakeholders, investors and customers.
What does a business disaster recovery and business continuity plan typically includes?
A disaster plan outlines procedures and instructions an organization must follow in the face of such disasters; it covers business processes, assets, human resources, business partners and more. When a disaster hits, for example, because a foreign USB stick was plugged into the system with ransomware, you want to be 100% confident that you can recover your data and get on with the job. On top of this, the GDPR will require you to deal with the personal data of European citizens responsibly, and therefore requires substantial changes to data protection management. Any company (regardless of geographic location) who is holding data on EU citizens will need to comply with the regulation. The penalties for non-compliance can be upward of 4% of the global turnover of the organization, and therefore be very large. The GDPR puts an obligation on companies to have an effective Disaster Recovery solution in place, which is regularly tested.
Business Continuity Plan and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
This is a common question, when you are working on the improvement of your business continuity, in relationship to the way the company is storing and processing (personal data). There are several key principles of GDPR that you need to take into consideration when you are preparing your disaster recovery solution(s). For example, the following key principles of GDPR are important: transparency, data minimization, accuracy, storage limitation, integrity and confidentiality (security), and accountability. Therefore, your disaster recovery solution must be able to recover your data every time and on time.
Some important items on a disaster recovery checklist are:
- Evidence of senior management approval and support;
- Emergency action steps to take in an incident;
- Types of incidents that could launch the BC plan have been clearly defined;
- Lists of key business processes to protect;
- Lists of critical technologies to protect;
- Lists of recovery time objectives and recovery point objectives;
- Lists of key vendors, stakeholders, regulators and other third parties;
- Step-by-step procedures for various activities;
- Procedures for obtaining emergency funds;
- Lists of vital records the company needs to operate;
- References to other activities.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Byron Hampton - NZL
Thank you for the Doc!
Inger Pittman - USA
Manuela Wilkins - NZL
Thanks Bizzlibrary and bing search engine for providing me this file
Chantay Giles - DEU
Happy to find your website, great documents
Giuseppina Ware - DEU
Sublime, thanks for providing this document and suggestions
Cuc Buckley - USA
Top stars for sure!
Shelia Herrera - USA
Bookmarked you site
Delivery Instant Download
Your file will be available for download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.