A retirement speech is a speech made by some individual who intends to leave someplace or position from a company or from an educational institute. Such speeches are usually made by politicians or office workers when they pass their seats on to the preceding person. Farewell speeches considered sad and sometimes these also deliver the reason for a person to leave a certain place. Farewell speeches are also referred to as retirement speeches where a person announces his decision to leave his position and workplace for a better future. Have a look at what you can say in a Retirement Speech.
What do you say in a retirement speech?
Although there are no specific guidelines or rules for a farewell speech when you make a goodbye to their colleagues and friends. We are providing you ideas that might be interesting for you to include in a farewell speech.
- Welcome the guests for their arrival
- Welcome any special guests and acknowledge them for taking their time out of their busy routine
- Start the speech by stating the purpose. Here you can state that you are here to say goodbye
- Make sure it does not get the audience sad.
- To avoid the intense situation, associate one or two fun stories of your life related to the work
- Pay your gratitude and say thanks to the individuals which were close to you at the workplace
- Say thanks to the whole community for their valuable unity and effort to the workplace a bearable place
- Keep the farewell speech short and do not make the environment sad.
- Stay honest and original with your intentions
- Wish good luck to the person who will replace your seat
- Wish good luck to the whole organization
- Say goodbye in the humblest manner
These are some steps that you must follow when making a farewell speech. It is advised to make your goodbye speech a little fun and original. The tone should be sweet and light. Avoid the unnecessary stories and details that might bore the audience.
Sample Retirement speech:
To help you out and save you some time, we have attached here a Retirement speech for your help and ease. Check out some lines below:
It is hard to believe this day has finally come. I have to say that I have mixed feelings today. It's wonderful to look forward to a future of more leisure and to getting around to many of the things that I always said I would do "someday." But I also feel sadness at leaving behind me what has been such an important part of my life.
This company feels like a family. Although I know that I will see many of you around town, leaving today feels like moving away from home. It has great promise - and yet the thought of no longer seeing my "family members" every day is hard to imagine.
I won't see Tim every day as I walk into the building, there at the front desk. I won't see Margaret at the desk beside my office door. I won't see all the rest of you in the hallways or the lunchroom - and we won't be having those daily chats about the Red Sox and the Patriots and when the winter is going to be over. I will truly miss ALL of you - and ALL of those conversations.
Download this Retirement speech from our website. Share it with the friends in need. There are multiple farewell speeches uploaded to our website. So, if you do not see this speech fitting your needs then you can check the other content which might be helpful for you.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Jaimie Bentley - AUS
Greate documents on your page!
Felicitas Robertson - USA
Corliss Becker - AUS