A debit memo is also known as a debit memorandum, it is issued by a seller to a buyer. A debit memo records and notifies the customer of debit adjustments made to their account. It is used to denotes an adjustment and reduce a customer's balance.
How do I prepare a Debit Memo?
A debit memo is said to be an extension of an invoice that was raised already. It is a simpler and easier way of charging a customer for any kind of changes made without having to issue a fresh invoice. If you are new in business dealings and facing difficulty to prepare a debit memo, then these guidelines are written to make your work easier. See below for the steps and data to be use:
- Customer’s name, address and communication details.
- Your Company’s name, address and communication details.
- Tax Details of your company as well as the other company.
- Item Description, Quantity, Rate per unit, Total Taxable value.
- Invoice Number and Invoice date.
- Details of the transactions.
- Final Invoice Amount including all taxes.
- Mode of payments and other payment terms.
- Other terms and conditions.
Download this debit memo template for free from our website. Make some changes in the document available in Microsoft word format. If you like this letter, please give us a big thumbs up. Your valuable feedback matters a lot to us. Head towards our website for some useful content.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Tu Vasquez - USA