A pre-separation agreement is basically a contract where spouses no longer live together but are not officially divorced. A formal or informal separation agreement specifies the rights and duties of the parties while they are living apart. This concept is similar to a legal separation because it can set requirements for visitation, financial support, or property rights.
How do you use a Pre Divorce Agreement?
An attorney can help you draw up the Agreement. In complicated cases where there may be real estate, a pension, child custody, debts, or tax questions, etc., an attorney's advice and assistance are strongly suggested. Since a poorly worded agreement can have serious unexpected consequences for the parties, particularly in complicated cases, it is strongly recommended that you seek an attorney’s advice and assistance.
The mutual separation agreement marriage can include any information relevant to both parties at the end of the relationship, and typically sets out the agreed arrangements during the period of separation. These can include:
- What will happen to the family home, who will live there, and if it will be sold
- How the mortgage and household bills will be paid and how the equity in the property will be divided
- How any debts such as loans, overdrafts, and credit card bills will be dealt with
- What happens to any savings, investments, inheritance, or other financial assets that have been acquired during the course of the marriage or relationship
- Whether either of you gets any maintenance payments and for how long
- How any personal property will be divided, for example, cars or furniture
- What the arrangements for the children will be, including where they will live, how they will spend their time with both parents, and how their financial needs will be met.
Download this do it yourself separation agreement now when you aim for a smooth closing.
After downloading this pre separation agreement and filling in the blanks, you can easily customize the style, typography, details, and appearance of your Pre-separation agreement. If this ain't the right contract that you are looking for, then certainly take a look at the other letters that Bizzlibrary.com has to offer.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Melissa Ramirez - GBR
I think this document is useful.
Helpful to structure our divorce, and it saves lots of lawyer fees.
Zachery Wall - DEU
Delivery Instant Download
Your file will be available for download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.