Support Coordinator Job Description
How do I write a Support Coordinator Job Description? Download this Support Coordinator Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling coordinator job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Support Coordinator job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Support Coordinator?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Provide Complex Support Coordination, Support Connection and Life Transition Planning Support as defined in support coordination policy.
- Conduct a needs assessment with the participant, based on their NDIS goals and the level of service defined in the NDIA plan.
- In conjunction with the participant and their family where appropriate, develop a support plan that clarifies the actions to be taken and outcomes to be achieved.
- Coordinate services as defined in the participant’s NDIA plan, using a strengths- based and capacity building approach.
- This will include informal supports, mainstream services (housing, education, health), specialist services, and NDIS funded supports.
- Monitor use of support coordination hours and update the team leader if additional hours may be required.
- Empower the participant and their family by providing information about the range of mainstream and specialist services available to them, including advocacy services.
- Provide to the NDIA timely and relevant progress reports reflecting progress towards achieving plan goals, and recommendations about the appropriate type of support required in the next plan and reasons for this.
- Maintain complete case notes and other records in care as outlined in the support coordination policy and maintain accurate records of hours of support provided to substantiate NDIS claiming.
- Provide person-centered and where appropriate family-centered support based on developing skills, competencies and resources to enable the participant and their family to promote the participant’s wellbeing and development and the family’s capacity to be self managing.
- Provide services and maintain written program documentation as outlined in service policy and standards guidelines, consistent with the Disability act and the NDIS act
- Qualifications in Social Work,
- Disability Studies,
- Nursing and
- Welfare or equivalent would be considered.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Support Coordinator job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Support Coordinator Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Danika Deleon - NZL
Thank you for this!!
Joey Dougherty - DEU
The document was well received
Vanetta Monroe - AUS
I'm very busy, and this template really helped a lot.
Our Latest Blog
- Job Website List United States (part 1)
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations in Word
- The Guide for Writing an Introduction Letter for a Job
- How Do You Write a Contract Agreement?