Quality Controller Job Description
How do I write a Quality Controller Job Description? Download this Quality Controller Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling Quality Control job description is vital when recruiting the right Quality personnel. By using a professional QC job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Quality Controller job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Quality Controller?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Perform regular quality assessments on all incoming materials from vendors and outgoing products for shipping.
- Reject all products and materials that fail to meet quality expectations.
- Read blueprints, plans, and specifications to understand the requirements of products and services.
- Measure product dimensions, examine functionality, and compare the final product to the specifications.
- Recommend improvements to the production process to ensure quality control.
- Document inspection outcomes by completing detailed reports and performance records.
- Teach the production team about quality control concerns to improve product excellence.
- Supervise the production process.
- Resolve quality-related issues in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Certification in quality control is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office.
- Good math and technical skills.
- Strong understanding of quality control standards and testing techniques.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Quality Controller job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Quality Controller Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Awilda Orr - DEU
Would be great to have this template also in different languages
QC job description is useful
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.