Survey Technician Job Description
How do I write a Survey Technician Job Description? Download this Survey Technician Job Description template now for your reference.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Survey Technician job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Survey Technician?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Survey technicians physically prepare land for surveying by clearing away debris and brush as needed. They also load and unload survey equipment from vehicles and place stakes and other land markers at survey points.
- Survey technicians take pictures of land features.
- Survey technicians measure distances between specific survey points and record this data so it can be entered into surveying software programs.
- Survey technicians clean and maintain equipment to ensure it remains in good working order. This includes replacing parts, tools, and equipment as necessary. They also keep their personal vehicle in good working order and well supplied with gas and/or electricity.
- Survey technicians download digital images and data from 3D scanners into surveying software programs.
- Survey technicians write detailed reports using information gathered from land surveys.
- A high school diploma or GED is required by most employers looking to hire a survey technician.
- Because survey technicians travel to various sites to perform surveys, a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are also required for this job.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Survey Technician job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Survey Technician Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Nana Benitez(12/20/2021) - AUS
You save me an hour of work.
Gidget Russell(12/20/2021) - AUS
I happened to find you via another document, but now I bookmarked it and will use it more often.
Our Latest Blog
- Setting Up Your E-mail Marketing for Your Business: The Blueprint to Skyrocketing Engagement and Sales
- The Power of Document Templates: Enhancing Efficiency and Streamlining Workflows
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
Restaurant Waiter Job Description | Manager | Customer Service | Serving Customers
Resort Nanny Job Description | Caring for Children, Cleaning, Assisting Parents
Pod Nanny Job Description: Experienced Nannies for Your Child's Education and Care
Administrative Job Description Template for Manager | Department | Agency | Administrative
School Secretary Job Description: Office Staff & Personnel for Students
Free Download: HR First Job Resume Template | University, Experience, Skills, Relevant | Halifax
Foundation Treasurer Job Description [Financial]
Regional Admissions Counselor Job Description
School Nutritionist Job Description
Deputy Manager Catering Job Description
School Catering Assistant Job Description
Resident Firefighter Job Description | Duties, Station Requirements
Client Seminar Planning Checklist: Advisor Tips for Engaging Their Clients in 4 Weeks
Dentist Nurse Job Description - Dental Practice: Ensuring Patients' Care
Research Assistant Copywriter Job Description - Join our team of talented research officers!
College Admissions Counselor Job - Helping Students & Prospective Applicants | Bethel College