IT Service Technician Job Description
How do you write a job description for an IT Service Technician? Download this sample Information Technology job description template and post your open vacancy
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective IT technical support job description is essential when recruiting new staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample Information Technology job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How to write an IT Service Technician job description?
A Computer Service Technician installs, evaluates, and maintains different types of computer systems, hardware, software, security, and networks. They diagnose and troubleshoot any malfunctions, perform upgrades, provide user support, and work to resolve technical issues. They have strong analytical and communication skills and are adept at problem-solving. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Install and configure software and drivers.
- Set up required hardware and well-functioning LAN/WAN.
- Set up other network requirements and manage their components.
- Ensure the systems are secure to maintain protection from any attack.
- Maintain these security systems and software and regularly check for any malfunctions or discrepancies.
- Troubleshoot bugs and system failures to restore proper functionality.
- Ensure the systems are up to date by performing regular upgrades.
- Regularly assess the performance of operating systems, software and hardware and address any problem if observed.
- Maintain reports and records of the performance and function of systems.
- Provide support for users and guide them to use computer systems correctly.
- Work within company rules and policies.
- Use the best practices and methods.
- Bachelors in computer sciences, engineering or related subject.
- Any other relevant qualification or certifications are an added bonus.
- Prior experience as a computer technician or similar roles.
- Prior experience with LAN and WAN networks.
- Excellent knowledge of computer systems, IT components,
- Strong knowledge of internet security, data privacy principles and troubleshooting methods.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills.
By using this IT Service Technician job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made IT Service Technician job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Romana Adkins(12/20/2021) - DEU
I appreciate what you did.
Tiffani Lee(12/20/2021) - DEU
Great materials I found on this page.
Thora Gardner(12/20/2021) - USA
Our Latest Blog
- The Importance of Vehicle Inspections in Rent-to-Own Car Agreements
- Setting Up Your E-mail Marketing for Your Business: The Blueprint to Skyrocketing Engagement and Sales
- The Power of Document Templates: Enhancing Efficiency and Streamlining Workflows
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
Product Manager Real Estate Job Description
Restaurant Waiter Job Description | Manager | Customer Service | Serving Customers
Resort Nanny Job Description | Caring for Children, Cleaning, Assisting Parents
Pod Nanny Job Description: Experienced Nannies for Your Child's Education and Care
Administrative Job Description Template for Manager | Department | Agency | Administrative
School Secretary Job Description: Office Staff & Personnel for Students
Free Download: HR First Job Resume Template | University, Experience, Skills, Relevant | Halifax
Foundation Treasurer Job Description [Financial]
Regional Admissions Counselor Job Description
School Nutritionist Job Description
Deputy Manager Catering Job Description
School Catering Assistant Job Description
Resident Firefighter Job Description | Duties, Station Requirements
Client Seminar Planning Checklist: Advisor Tips for Engaging Their Clients in 4 Weeks
Dentist Nurse Job Description - Dental Practice: Ensuring Patients' Care
Research Assistant Copywriter Job Description - Join our team of talented research officers!