School Receptionist Job Description
What is a School Receptionist? Download this School Receptionist Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling Receptionist job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
What is a School Receptionist?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a School Receptionist?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- School Receptionists answer phone calls, greet visitors and provide information to parents and students. They are able to provide information on a variety of topics, including rules, disciplinary measures, and day-to-day operations of the school.
- School Receptionists share information broadly with administrators, teachers, and students’ families through emails, flyers or phone calls, ensuring that necessary information is properly transmitted.
- Keeping a variety of records is an important part of a School Receptionist’s job. They keep records of phone calls and visits. They also maintain records of school operations, such as registration and class schedules, bus scheduling and routes, academic transcripts and parent contact information.
- In many schools, School Receptionists are in charge of the activities and meetings calendars. They schedule events such as parent-teacher conferences, back-to-school nights and staff calls. Some School Receptionists will also manage the principal’s daily calendar, organizing his or her meetings and helping them stay on schedule.
- Knowledge and awareness of current customer service principles and practice.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to do basic mathematical computations.
- Experience with cash handling and processing of payments.
- Experience in a school or office setting.
- Computer systems and applications, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Common office equipment, such as copier machines and fax machines.
- Mail processing equipment, such as postage meters.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this School Receptionist job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This School Receptionist Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Miyoko Stephenson - GBR
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description