Executive Sous Chef Job Description
How to write an Executive Sous Chef job description? Download this sample job description template now and post your open vacancy in minutes.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective Executive Sous Chef job description is essential when recruiting new kitchen staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. He or she ensures the success of the team by delivering high-quality, cost-effective, tastefully dishes promptly. Top candidates are creative, service-oriented, and level-headed. Using this template will save you effort and time. By using this sample job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How to write an Executive Sous Chef job description?
An Executive Sous Chef reports to the Executive Chef and assists with overall kitchen administration to ensure a consistent and high-quality level of operations. They demonstrate innovation in creating new menu items and overseeing food preparation. They are also responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction, recruiting new employees, providing leadership and training to kitchen staff, and ensuring compliance with health and safety protocols. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What is the duties and responsibilities of a Sous Chef?
- Ensuring promptness, freshness, and quality of dishes.
- Coordinating cooks' tasks.
- Implementing hygiene policies and examining equipment for cleanliness.
- Designing new recipes, planning menus, and selecting plate presentations.
- Reviewing staffing levels to meet service, operational, and financial objectives.
- Hiring and training kitchen staff, such as cooks, food preparation workers, and dishwashers.
- Performing administrative tasks, taking stock of food and equipment supplies, and doing purchase orders.
- Setting and monitoring performance standards for staff.
- Obtaining feedback on food and service quality, and handling customer problems and complaints.
- Executive Chef Requirements:
- 2+ years of culinary education.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position.
- Advanced knowledge of food professional principles and practices.
- Proficient knowledge of human resources management.
- Excellent knowledge of BOH systems, ordering and inventory.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Available to work on-call, shifts, after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays.
- Develop new menu options based on seasonal changes and customer demand.
- Assist with the preparation and planning of meal designs.
- Ensure that kitchen activities operate in a timely manner.
- Resolve customer problems and concerns personally.
- Monitor and record inventory, and if necessary, order new supplies.
- Provide support to junior kitchen employees with various tasks including line cooking, food preparation, and dish plating.
- Recruit and train new kitchen employees to meet restaurant and kitchen standards.
- Create schedules for kitchen employees and evaluate their performance.
- Adhere to and implement sanitation regulations and safety regulations.
- Manage the kitchen team in the executive chef's absence.
- Bachelor’s degree in culinary science or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of cooking methods, kitchen equipment, and best practices.
- Good understanding of MS Office and restaurant software programs.
- Teamwork-oriented with outstanding leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
By using this Executive Sous Chef job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Other Chef job descriptions:
- Cook Job Description
- Sous Chef Job Description
- Pastry Chef Job Description
- Fine Dining Chef Job Description
- Pizza Chef Job Description
- Pizza Chief Description
- Prep Cook Job Description
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Executive Sous Chef job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Dottie Savage - AUS
Melvina Baldwin - NZL
I think this document is useful.
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description