Prep Cook Job Description
How do you write a Prep Cook job description? Download this sample job description template now and post your open vacancy in minutes.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective cooking job description is essential when recruiting new kitchen staff, and it helps doing a preselection of the right job candidates. This will save you effort and time. By using this sample cook job description template, you do not need to start from scratch. This will give you a head start.
How to write a Prep Cook job description?
The Prep Cook provides a supportive role to the kitchen staff with meal preparation. The prep cook performs routine cooking duties such as washing and chopping ingredients, ensuring adherence to portion sizes, and informing their supervisors when inventory is running low. They have high stamina and endurance and assist in maintaining a hygienic and sanitary work environment. This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. The following is included in job descriptions:
- Job title: highlight the accurate job title;
- Brief description: provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Responsibilities: specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- Company mission or company introduction;
- Requirements: demands that are important to do the job successfully;
- Qualifications; List essential qualifications;
- Compensation; Total funds and benefits that are provided to the employee in exchange for the work.
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Prep Cook?
- Complete opening and closing checklists.
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Understands and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary workstation area including tables, shelves, walls grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality problems to Kitchen Manager.
- Inform Kitchen Manager immediately of product shortages.
- Uses our Standard Recipe Card for preparing all products. Do not rely on the memory of yourself or other employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
- At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with managers and kitchen personnel.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
By using this Prep Cook job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates.
Other Chef job descriptions:
- Cook Job Description
- Executive Sous Chef Job Description
- Sous Chef Job Description
- Pastry Chef Job Description
- Fine Dining Chef Job Description
- Pizza Chef Job Description
- Pizza Chief Description
Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Prep Cook job description template in Google Docs, MS Word or Apple Pages format and you are ready to go!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Rebeca Arroyo - DEU
Shavonne Hartman - AUS
Exacly what I needed
Lakiesha Barton - AUS
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.