Low Voltage Technician Job Description
How do I write a Low Voltage Technician Job Description? Download this Low Voltage Technician (LVT) Electrician Job Description.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective electrician job description is vital when finding suitable job candidates. No need to start from scratch. By making use of this sample Low Voltage Technician (LVT) job description template you will make it easier for yourself and you will have a head start.
How do I write a Low Voltage Technician (LVT) Job Description?
This sample Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide a brief summary or introduction that provides an overview of the job;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise;
- Have someone proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates.
Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
- Lead by example, demonstrating an attitude of safety, cost control, asset management, and professionalism to all in direct supervision.
- Manage assets/equipment such as vehicle, phone, computer, camera, tools, etc.
- Control costs of services (hotels, mobile phone, job supplies, etc.).
- Communicate and coordinate with the support staff and fellow crewmembers to follow a work project plan.
- Identify ways to improve efficiency, productivity, and customer service
- Handle logistics, including mobilization to the job site, shipping materials and tools between the job site and warehouse, and handling travel changes necessary to complete work on time according to the schedule.
- Identify all materials and other resources needed to complete project including tools, consumable supplies, grounding wire, Velcro, lugs, etc.
- Clean and maintain job site, tools, and vehicles.
- Works from plans, schematics, and diagrams to plan and install electrical components and wiring/wiring harnesses using a variety of termination methods (lugs, soldering, molded connectors, etc.)
- Perform inspections, testing, servicing, and installation of communications equipment, mechanical systems, and electrical wiring harnesses.
- Remove/replace cabinet components for access to work areas; Terminate and remove discarded equipment.
- Follow workplace safety procedures.
- Promote proactive and preventive safety activities by observing, analyzing, encouraging safe work behaviors and correcting unsafe conditions.
- A minimum of 5 years experience wiring and terminating low voltage electrical systems.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Verifiable experience performing multi-site installations for extended periods.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must be willing to travel 70% of the year throughout the United States and possibly overseas.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED.
By using this Low Voltage Technician Electrician job description sample, modifying it to your needs, and then posting it, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from suitable candidates. This Low Voltage Technician Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word or Pages format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Kaila Horton - USA
Susan Singh - USA
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.