Software Technical Writer Job Description
How to write a Technical Writer job description. What skills do you need to be a technical writer? Get this downloadable file now and reach job seekers directly
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Technical Writer job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What skills do you need to be a technical writer?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides.
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications.
- Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
- Create and maintain the information architecture.
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Excellent written skills in English.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Technical Writer job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Technical Writer Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Evelina Scott - GBR
Sherika Craig - USA
Exacly the document what I was looking for.
Our Latest Blog
- Job Website List United States (part 1)
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations in Word
- The Guide for Writing an Introduction Letter for a Job
- How Do You Write a Contract Agreement?