Your resume is one of the best marketing tools you can use in finding a career, and often one of the first things a potential employer requests of you during the job or internship search process. Often, it is the employer's first impression of you as a candidate. Your resume should communicate information about your skills, abilities, fit within the company, and career goals.
How do you write a resume for a lawyer?
Tips on how to write a good resume:
- Keep it to one page; Your resume should only be one page in length. A good rule to follow is one page for every 8-10 years of experience. However, graduate students who have worked for several years may require more than one page.
- Ensure the formatting is clear, concise, and consistent; Be sure your resume is easy to read with clean, simple lines and equal amounts of text and white space. Use a font that is readable, no smaller than 10 points or larger than 14 points. Be consistent with your formatting techniques and use boldfacing and italicizing sparingly.
- Include items that are most relevant to the position for which you are applying; Your resume should include skills, experiences, coursework, projects, and activities that are the most relevant and significant to your career goals. You may need to take some time to brainstorm what experiences are most related to your goals. Be sure to include the most relevant information/sections toward the top of your resume.
- Write action- and results-oriented bullet points; In order to communicate your major accomplishments to an employer, it is important to write impactful bullet points within your relevant experience section. You want to list the accomplishments that would be of interest to an employer and translate your experience into results, quantifying whenever possible. Sometimes this can be the most challenging part of writing a resume.
After downloading this sample resume and filling in the blanks, you can easily customize the style, typography, details, and appearance of your Lawyer's resume. If this isn't the right document that you are looking for, then certainly take a look at the other letters that Bizzlibrary.com has to offer. We have many letters ranging from cover letters to business letters and thank you notes.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Sparkle Patton - AUS
Corinna Quinn - USA
Dario Bonilla - NZL
Your perfect template was received with many thanks.
Our Latest Blog
- Tips on Writing an Effective Cover Letter
- How to Keep your Business Competent during Difficult Times
- The Best Job Sites in the USA
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job