Office Administrator Job Description
How do I write an Office Administrator Staff Job Description? Download this Office Admin Staff Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling Office Administrator job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write an Office Admin Staff job description?
This General Office Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Office Staff?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Collaborate with management to complete necessary projects; work independently on prior delegated tasks.
- Ensure an organized, clean, and tidy workspace.
- Maintain and re-stock office supplies as needed.
- Monitor and use office equipment and materials (computers, printers, fax machines, copiers, physical files, etc.).
- Complete basic bookkeeping and record keeping duties.
- Report any problems with office equipment; help resolve the issues if possible.
- Answer phones, direct calls, take and deliver messages as needed; prepare outgoing mail (including prepping larger packages for sending); sort and deliver incoming mail to appropriate persons.
- Help to immediately resolve and mediate customer complaints.
- Arrange and schedule meetings, appointments, and events for management, including coordinating calendars and securing meeting spaces; plan travel arrangements for out of town conferences; keep calendars and remind all parties of upcoming events.
- Take meeting notes and transcribe into email, document, or spreadsheet form.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Computer literate; proficient using Microsoft Suite.
- Confident using office machinery (printers, fax machines, photocopiers, etc.).
- Fast and proficient typist.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent customer service skills.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Office Staff job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Office Staff Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Sang Cain - GBR
The file is received.
Deandra Zamora - DEU
Good value content
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.