Power Electronics Engineer Job Description
What does an Electronics Engineer do? Download this Power Electronics Engineer Job Description template now for your reference.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
What does an Electronics Engineer do?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Power Electronics Engineer?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Power electronics engineer will work in design and development team of High Frequency High Voltage Generators used in X-Ray generation applications.
- You will work collaboratively with hardware and software experts in the projects and develop necessary designs and outputs for X-ray Generators.
- You Should be able to understand requirements, conduct necessary analysis, calculations, simulations, Develop and evaluate Power electronics design concepts as applicable to Generators.
- You should be able to deliver designs working independently and lead product designs, design changes or Value Engineering productivity programs relevant to X-Ray generator
- Should own and lead the projects assigned and work closely with Project team to meet all deliverables based on program requirements. Should comply with the GE quality management system requirements
- Should be able to work collaboratively with cross functional team in Integration, testing , verification and design transfer of new designs or design changes.
- Should be able to work on different types of projects like Advanced Technology development, New Product introduction, Design transfer, Design changes / improvements, Value engineering and reliability projects.
- Identify and deliver the opportunities for continuous improvement of products and processes impacting core technologies and design excellence.
- Develop FMEA and participate in risk assessment and RCA.
- Comply with quality management system, global regulatory & medical device standard requirements in all activities performed.
- Work with cross functional teams with focus on business priorities and be able to execute on assignments aligned to the priorities.
- BE/BTech/ME/MTech in EEE/ECE/Power Electronics with relevant experience (3 + years).
- Should have understanding of doing different types of analysis like small signal analysis, large signal analysis etc. for different type of AC/DC or DC/AC converter including PFC Circuits
- Should have Strong fundamentals of EMI/EMC and its Filter design
- Should have working knowledge of Electronics Design/Simulation tools such as Matlab , Pspice, Orcad, Cadence or equivalent tools.
- Should have sound knowledge on Power converter control with analytical capabilities using Bode plot, Nyquist plot etc. Added advantage in case of knowledge on Analog / Digital controllers, FPGA, DSP and Embedded systems, Mixed signal PCB Design and Fault Debugging.
- Good knowledge on PWA design principles, component selection, magnetics and thermal design and hardware packaging guidelines is an added advantage.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Power Electronics Engineer job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Power Electronics Engineer Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Karly Aguirre(12/15/2021) - DEU
Inspiring document, professional and easy to customize for my work
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description
Economic Analyst Job Description
Talent Management Job Description
Construction Project Manager Job Description
Compensation Specialist Job Description