Free Power of Attorney Form
How to write a general power of attorney? How do you use a general power of attorney? Download free power of attorney form right now.
.docx (0.03 MB)
A general power of attorney is a legal document that allows a person (also known as the principal) to nominate one or more persons to act on their behalf. It gives the attorney the authority, if the principal chooses, to manage the principal's legal and financial affairs, such as buying and selling real estate, shares, and other assets for the principal. It also gives them permission to operate their bank accounts, and spend money on their behalf.
How to write a general power of attorney?
- To write a power of attorney (POA), you must be empowered to act, which means having reached one’s majority and being capable of making rational decisions. The power of attorney must be holographic (i.e. handwritten) in full, and dated and signed by the donor) or be officially recorded by a notary.
- The form of the power of attorney is the same as for a will. Such stringency is required because of the huge implications arising from this document. The rules aim to prevent an elderly person from signing a document drafted by an outside party without first understanding its content.
- If the person cannot write it themselves, it must be drafted and certified by a notary. Obtaining legal advice is recommended if facing complex financial and family situations.
How do you use a general power of attorney?
The power of attorney should describe as precisely as possible the tasks entrusted to the designated person. Compensation payable to the individual or legal entity should also be detailed, especially if a bank or another institution is being appointed.
After downloading this sample form and filling in the blanks, you can easily customize the style, typography, details, and appearance of your General power of attorney. If this isn't the right document that you are looking for, then certainly take a look at the other letters that Bizzlibrary.com has to offer. We have many letters ranging from cover letters to business letters and thank you notes.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Faith Ibarra - USA
Precisely the right contnt for my problem
Lois Payne - NZL
Thank you for the Doc!!
Niki Garcia - AUS
I created the perfect letter with your help
Our Latest Blog
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
- How To Write An Employee Termination Letter?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.