Job Description Editor
How to write a job description for editor? Check out our sample job description template guide and create your next job posting today!
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.01 MB)
How to Write a compelling editor job description?If you have a passion for writing and editing, we have the perfect job for you! As our Editor, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing and editing content for publication
- Ensuring accuracy, style, and clarity of content
- Working with authors to develop and improve their writing
- Coordinating the editorial calendar and publication process
- Researching and staying up-to-date on industry trends
Sample guide for editor job description:
An example job description can be found below. Once you have made changes based on your requirements and criteria, you are free to download and use it. As well as providing tips, we are also providing you with a sample job description that you can edit and use. Please find below a sample letter for your reference:
Copy-editors and proofreaders work on various publications, online content, manuals and journals in the final editorial stages. Their role is to check texts before they are published to ensure they read well, follow house style and there are no errors. A copy-editor focuses mainly on stylistic aspects, fact checks and consistency and makes suggestions for any re-working or re-writing; a proofreader looks for any grammatical, spelling or typographical mistakes.
Many copy-editors/proofreaders work as freelancers for publishing houses, companies and other organizations.
- Checking copy for grammatical, spelling, and typographical errors.
- Marking copy with standard proofreading marks to notify writers and editors of necessary changes.
- Adding/deleting words, phrases or sentences to improve the reading of a text.
- Checking facts and statistics to ensure a text is accurate and correct.
- Making stylistic suggestions.
- Re-wording/re-working sentences or whole sections of text.
- Working with paper and online manuscripts.
- Liaising with publishing editors, writers and other clients.
Our website offers a free download of this job description. Microsoft Word document should be updated with some changes. Thank you for reading this letter. Please let us know what you think. It is important to us to hear from you. Take a look at some of the useful content we have on our website.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Hilde Ward(8/17/2022) - AUS
Ashanti Wagner(8/17/2022) - DEU
Great content, good quality..
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Front Desk Job Description
Employment Application Job Letter
Employment Application Letter
Application Letter to Work in a Supermarket
Job Application Sample
Admin Reception job application letter
Administrator Job application letter
Application letter for the position of Imagery Analyst
Letter of Application for Teachers
Service Worker Job Application Letter
Simple Cover Letter for Job
Diesel Engine Specialist Cover Letter
Internal Control Officer cover letter
Junior Brand Manager cover letter
Application Cashier Job in Supermarket
Drafter cover letter template