Server Trainee Job Description
What should a Restaurant Server job description include? Download this Server Training Manual Job Description template now for your reference.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
What should a Restaurant Server job description include?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Restaurant Server?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Food-servers who work in a non-restaurant environment may be employed at such places as hospitals and hotels.
- They use carts or trays to carry and deliver foods, beverages, condiments and utensils.
- Duties may also include cleaning dishes and utensils.
- They must also ensure that the right foods are delivered to the correct recipients and according to any instructions or restrictions.
- Duties might also include preparing food items, such as appetizers, salads, sandwiches or soups. Responsibilities may also include restocking ice, supplies and condiments. Preparing and delivering customers' bills and accepting customers' payments are also common.
- A high school diploma, though some institutions do not require this. Employers typically provide on-the-job training. Some employers may prefer prior experience or other training to formal schooling.
- Food-servers must be able to work in a team. They should possess a professional and neat appearance and be able to communicate effectively with customers. Food-servers are expected to provide courteous service to their customers; they might use verbal and written communication techniques. Efficiency is also necessary. Food-servers also need to possess a good memory, as they need to retain customers' orders along with faces and names.
- Knowledge of foreign languages is useful. Food-servers also need to have familiarity of food safety, food service regulations, health regulations and proper sanitation practices. They must have an awareness of food-handling rules.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Restaurant Server job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Restaurant Server Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Vivian Dillon(12/29/2021) - AUS
Shan Stout(12/29/2021) - AUS
I will endorse you to my friend
Tatum George(12/29/2021) - AUS
Perfect template, not much work for me left to do
Our Latest Blog
- The Power of Document Templates: Enhancing Efficiency and Streamlining Workflows
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Job Description Template
Job Description Template
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description