Internal Job promotion request for higher position
When writing to request for a higher position within the same company, check out and download this sample promotion request for higher post in same company letter now
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.01 MB)
A lot of people choose to keep studying while they've already started working. It's always great to see people enjoying their studies so much. And better yet, it can help them at their workplace as well. If you get a higher degree than the one you already have, it could give you the opportunity to apply for a higher position in your company. You can hold a better position and you can earn more money.
How to write a request letter for a higher position in the same company to your employer?
When writing a letter to your employer applying for a higher position, then you need to highlight why you think you're the right person for the job. Mention your new degree and also the experience you've had in your current position in the company. Your employer will appreciate knowing that you enjoy working for their company and that you want to grow with it.
Example of a direct way of asking for a higher position in the same company:
I would like to bring it your knowledge that I am working in your company for the last Number years as Occupation as at the time of applying for this job my qualification was BS but now as I have completed my masters in the relevant field and also have gained experience to apply for the higher post. I would like to apply for the Occupation post because I know this work well; I have been in this department for the last 5 years so I think I can manage things well. I shall be thankful if you people consider my application considering my excellent performance as well.
There are a handful of typical reasons for asking for a promotion, and might impact your timing:
- Growing costs;
- The value you bring;
- Dissatisfaction due to heavy workload;
- Change of work content due to boredom.
Once you have a better understanding of your own motivation, you can find a tactful way to request your promotion:
- 1. Ask your Director directly. Inquiring this way is informal, and gives you a chance to explain your motives in full and discover new details about the open position.
- 2. Talk with an employee leaving, you'll be able to ask more details about the position and what types of challenges come with the responsibility. Also, you may be able to ask him/her to recommend you for the position upon his/her departure.
- 3. Aim higher with your conversations. Speak directly with the Boss if possible. Otherwise, speak with your boss's supervisor or find another member of your department who outranks him/her.
- 4. Make a small but formal presentation that explains why you're the best candidate for the open position.
- 5. Plant a seed, and follow up. Start by casually mentioning that you're interested in a position, either to your supervisor or someone higher up in your organization.
- 6. Start asking for new responsibilities gradually. Instead of asking for a promotion and a sudden onset of new responsibilities to go along with it, try the reverse.
- 7. Come up with a new position. Another strategy to ask for a promotion is to create your own ideal position. Don't be afraid to come up with your own position; the worst they can say is "no."
If you feel you are too long doing the same job, and are still in the same position, this is a good reason why you should download this Internal Job promotion request for a higher position letter. Download it now, fill it in with your own information, and send it in as soon as possible to get an interview with your employer.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Sonya Norman(11/17/2020) - AUS
I bookmarked the website and downloaded the document
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Front Desk Job Description
Employment Application Job Letter
Employment Application Letter
Application Letter to Work in a Supermarket
Job Application Sample
Admin Reception job application letter
Administrator Job application letter
Application letter for the position of Imagery Analyst
Letter of Application for Teachers
Service Worker Job Application Letter
Job Description Editor
Simple Cover Letter for Job
Diesel Engine Specialist Cover Letter
Internal Control Officer cover letter
Junior Brand Manager cover letter
Application Cashier Job in Supermarket