An effective and compelling social work job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Social Worker job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Social Worker?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Assisting clients in receiving services by telephone and in person.
- Getting clients involved in beneficial activities.
- Assessing clients and gathering relevant information.
- Offering information and supporting clients and their families.
- Contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports.
- Participating in training, supervision, and meetings.
- Watch for signs of child abuse.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, social work, or related field.
- Experience working with clients that are affected by issues including neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and parental substance abuse.
- Ability to give full attention to what social service clients are saying, understand the points being made, ask questions, and not interrupt inappropriately.
- Awareness of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Ability to judge the relative costs and benefits of potential social service and health care actions and choose the most appropriate one.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Proficient in word, excel, outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to stay calm and empathize with clients when they are upset.
- Licensed clinical social worker.
- Able to develop a treatment plan.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention.
- Valid driver's license.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Social Worker job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Social Worker Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Sigrid Carlson - GBR
You solve my problem
Nana Figueroa - NZL
Happy to find your website, great documents
Emmie Macias - DEU
Our Latest Blog
- Job Website List United States (part 1)
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations in Word
- The Guide for Writing an Introduction Letter for a Job
- How Do You Write a Contract Agreement?