An effective and compelling Pipefitter job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Pipefitter job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Pipefitter?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Inspecting the workplace, clearing obstructions and preparing materials and equipment.
- Studying blueprints and planning pipe systems and related equipment installations.
- Using a variety of tools to modify pipes to specifications.
- Measuring and marking pipes for cutting and threading.
- Assembling and welding pipe components and systems.
- Securing pipes to walls and fixtures with brackets, clamps, and welding equipment.
- Ordering required materials such as pipes, hangars, brackets, hydraulic cylinders, etc.
- Repairing and maintaining pipe systems, supports, and related equipment.
- Clearing pipe systems of obstructions and testing their functionality.
- Complying with relevant codes and regulatory standards.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Trade school education or apprenticeship.
- Meet state licensure requirements.
- Proven experience as a Pipe Fitter.
- Excellent mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain strong attention to detail.
- Good communication and managerial skills.
- Physical dexterity.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Pipefitter job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Pipefitter Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Gricelda Levine - USA
This is usefule, thanks
Donnell Frost - USA
Very useful, glad to see it! *****
Our Latest Blog
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job
- Best Bathroom Cleaning Checklist & its Components
- How to Get a Perfect Nursing Job?
- Tips to seamlessly communicate during the recruitment process