In order to make a positive first impression on your potential employer, it is essential to have a targeted resume highlighting your job-specific details. When you begin to create an acting CV it may seem challenging, but we have this ready-made CV template designed to ensure that all your important skills and qualifications are included on your resume. It will save you time and convey your talent in a way that potential employers will remember.
What should be on an acting CV?
A Curriculum Vitae (CV) focuses to highlight more on your skills instead of your past job experiences. It is designed to give a potential employer a positive first impression of you. In essence, your CV is your best marketing tool. The purpose of a CV is to tell an employer the specific skills and experience you have that directly relate to each job you are applying for. A well-constructed and effective CV requires that background work be done before you begin writing. Begin by taking a personal inventory. Examine and refine your skills, interests, accomplishments, and experiences. These include professional, academic, volunteer, and internship experiences.
An Acting CV or resume showcases your acting experience whether this is in television, film, or theatre. The CV should include your physical characteristics, contact information, unique skills, and education and training. Download this printable resume template now and you can modify it to best suit your needs.
This Acting CV includes the following features and key areas:
1. Heading; The Heading, on the top of the page, includes your name and personal contact details (address, zip code, telephone number, and email address). Make sure the email is normal and has no special negative connotation. You may want to include both your campus address and a permanent address. Your phone number is very important.
2. Career Objective; The employers often state that they skip over reading a career objective, so we normally advise clients not to include one. Keep it short and underline or highlight key words. Be sure that it is detailed and specific, and brief at the same time. 1 sentence and keywords are sufficient. It should lead the reader and direct him/her to the position you are interested in. It should include a) the action you want to do, b) the areas in which you want to do it, and c) the skills you have to contribute to that position.
3. Education; The last 5 years are the most important for employers. Unless you have been in the field for several years, the education component will precede your work experience. List your current degree, major, and year of graduation, even if you have not yet graduated. On the next line, list the college's name and location. Do not include your high school experience. You may also list your GPA here if it is above a 3.5, as well as any merit-based scholarships, etc.
4. Related Coursework; If you are lacking in job or internship experience, a relevant coursework section can help demonstrate your skills in a specific field. List up to three classes and give a short description of the work you completed in them. Original research is especially impressive.
5. Related Experience; List the most recent information first. Indicate your job title, the name of the organization, location (city and state), and dates of employment. Next, describe the specific abilities and responsibilities you assumed and acquired in bullet format. Focus on the skills that directly relate to the new position. This is where you can include on-campus involvement, volunteer, and internship experience; remember, it does not have to be paid to count!
By using this Acting CV template sample, personalizing it according to your career or experience and send it to the hiring manager(s). Get this printable CV file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Acting CV template in Google Docs, MS Word format and you are ready to go!
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Jolynn Dean - USA
The tips and suggestions are insightful
Our Latest Blog
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job
- Best Bathroom Cleaning Checklist & its Components
- How to Get a Perfect Nursing Job?
- Tips to seamlessly communicate during the recruitment process