Travel Agent Job Description
How to write a Travel Agent job description. Get this downloadable file now and customize it according to your needs. Reach job seekers directly.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling travel job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Travel Agent job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Travel Agent?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Book air and ground transportation for clients.
- Research to locate the best pricing and options according to client's specifications.
- Work to meet weekly and monthly sales goals as established by the company.
- Promote tours and vacation excursions through local media and PR channels.
- Coordinate with other business partners in the travel community to facilitate a positive experience for clients.
- Book hotel reservations for guests in their desired location, ensuring their specifications for their stay are met.
- Organize and provide materials pertaining to potential locations and local tours to clients.
- Plan and promote accommodations and travel services.
- Proven experience organizing travel for business or personal use.
- Exceptional organizational skills are essential.
- Fluent in English, bilingual is preferred for communication with clients internationally.
- Customer service experience is preferred.
- Personal experience with both domestic and international travel is considered advantageous.
- Ability to understand clients travel goals and needs and exceed their expectations.
- Proficient with data entry and Microsoft Suite.
- Experience processing payment information and working with confidential information.
- Ability to locate the ideal travel options for clients upon a scheduled meeting detailing their travel aspirations.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Travel Agent job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Travel Agent Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Danyell Andrews - DEU
Dino Moore - GBR
Very good file *****
Our Latest Blog
- Job Website List United States (part 1)
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations in Word
- The Guide for Writing an Introduction Letter for a Job
- How Do You Write a Contract Agreement?