Truck Driver Job Description
How to write a Truck Driver job description. Get this downloadable file now and customize it according to your needs. Reach job seekers directly.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Truck Driver job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Truck Driver?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Plan the delivery goods correctly so that they are delivered on time.
- Drive on different routes to deliver goods.
- Supervise load and unload of products from the trucks.
- Transport all fragile and heavy items carefully.
- Maintain and update the record of all deliveries.
- Inspect trucks on a daily basis for cleanliness and good working conditions.
- Ensure to follow the traffic and driving rules.
- Collect delivery confirmation from the customers.
- Monitor and refuel oil in the truck as and when needed.
- Report if there are any defects in the truck or if it requires maintenance.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven 2 years of driving experience in the Logistics Department as a Truck Driver or a similar role.
- Verified Commercial Driver License (CDL) will be preferred.
- Professional CDL training will be preferred.
- Must pass the drug and alcohol test.
- A clean driving record will be preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of using the GPS and ability to plan routes accordingly.
- Solid understanding of truck driving rules and regulations.
- Ability to work for long working hours.
- Ability to transport goods in all types of commercial vehicles, for example, tractor-trailer, etc.
- Quick decision-making skills.
- Hardworking and trustworthy individual.
- Good time management skills.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Truck Driver job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Truck Driver Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Wendy Hood(12/31/2021) - DEU
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description
Economic Analyst Job Description
Talent Management Job Description
Construction Project Manager Job Description
Compensation Specialist Job Description