Referral Coordinator Job Description
What is a Referral Coordinator? How do I write a Referral Coordinator Job Description? Download this Referral Coordinator Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Referral Coordinator job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Referral Coordinator?
The referral coordinator handles all of the following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Ensures current and standardized referral policies and workflows.
- Prioritizes referrals by their urgency and addresses them in a timely manner.
- Participates in the selection, orientation and training of referral personnel.
- Ensures complete demographic, insurance information and appropriate/pertaining clinical information is sent to referred specialists.
- Contacts insurance companies to ensure prior approval requirements are met. Presents necessary medical information such as, history, diagnosis and prognosis to insurance companies if deemed necessary to prove medical necessity of services.
- Reviews details and expectations about the referral with both ordering providers and patients.
- Requests new referrals to be ordered when applicable.
- Develops and implements systems as required by EMR functionality and/or regulatory agencies.
- Identifies and utilizes community resources; establishes relationships with servicing providers and personnel.
- Referral coordinators typically need a high school diploma or GED.
- Additionally, at least one year of experience in a medical or health insurance field can help applicants secure a referral coordinator position.
- Because referral coordinators frequently interact with patients, customer service experience is also helpful in this role, particularly if that experience is in a medical setting.
- There are significant opportunities for on-the-job training in this role as the referral coordinator gains experience with managing patient referrals.
- Many medical offices also look for bilingual referral coordinators to better serve a diverse patient base.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Referral Coordinator job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Referral Coordinator Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Robert Black - USA
The document was well received
Earnest Olson - USA
Many many thanks.
Our Latest Blog
- Tips on Writing an Effective Cover Letter
- How to Keep your Business Competent during Difficult Times
- The Best Job Sites in the USA
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job