Supply Chain Specialist Job Description
How do I write a Supply Chain Specialist Job Description? Download this Supply Chain Specialist Job Description template now for your reference.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Supply Chain Specialist job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Supply Chain Specialist?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Support the Branch Manager, Supply Chain Manager, Project Manager, Technician, Customer Service, and sales team members in all aspects of day-to-day operations to ensure that the day-to-day supply chain business results are achieved.
- Ensure all material requisition orders, regular sales orders, and transfer warehouse orders are fulfilled on a regular basis.
- Assist, support, and provide backup coverage for all Supply Chain team members.
- Understand and execute all Supply Chain activities such as stock take, physical inventory count, inventory accuracy in allocation and consumption, material demand, sales order entry, and purchase order entry if needed.
- Maintain Work Order Management system and understanding of production work order / material commitment, and back flushing.
- Assess and manage inventory levels to ensure continuity of supply.
- Liaise with project managers, technicians, customer service, buyers, and Sales to provide delivery dates and shipping information.
- Manage Shipper / Receiver.
- Maintain and updates ERP and make sure accuracy level is optimum.
- Post-secondary education degree in business, with a focus on supply chain management, inventory control, manufacturing, or materials management or a Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 4 years of supply chain and operations experience required.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated experience in inventory management.
- Familiarity with Supply Chain Management (SCM) software, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, and/or Material Requirements Planning (MRP) software.
- Understanding of integrated supply chain and logistics concepts and theories.
- Hands-on experience with logistics, inventory management, and procurement.
- Purchasing experience is an asset.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Supply Chain Specialist job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Supply Chain Specialist Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Don Huang - USA
Now I can finish my work earlier, thank you
Trista Guerrero - AUS
Thank you for the file.
Juliette Sexton - AUS
I am happy with the work, will remember Bizzlibrary
Our Latest Blog
- Job Website List United States (part 1)
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations in Word
- The Guide for Writing an Introduction Letter for a Job
- How Do You Write a Contract Agreement?