Program Manager Job Description
What does a Program Manager do? What skills does a program manager need? Get this template now and customize. Reach job seekers directly.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
What does a Program Manager do?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What skills does a technical program manager need?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Contributing ideas to product development initiatives.
- Planning and managing product development stages.
- Collaborating with system engineers and software architects.
- Reporting product development progress to senior managers.
- Ensuring that products are delivered on time and within budget.
- Overseeing product deployment and integration.
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues.
- Evaluating product performance metrics and facilitating adjustments.
- Documenting processes and ensuring compliance with industry standards.
- Keeping up with advancements in product technologies.
- Bachelor's degree in computer sciences, software engineering, technology management, business management, or similar.
- 3-5 years of experience in technical program management, preferably in a related industry.
- Advanced knowledge of the full life-cycle of product development.
- Experience in product development planning and providing leadership.
- Ability to collaborate with IT engineers and report to senior managers.
- Extensive experience in software product engineering, deployment, and integration.
- Ability to evaluate product performance metrics, as well as diagnose and resolve issues.
- Ability to keep up with advancements in the field of technical product development.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Technical Program Manager job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Technical Program Manager Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Marya Joyce - NZL
Nothing negative about this template
Our Latest Blog
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2022
- Is it Good to Write a Cover Letter?
- Rejection Letters - How to Communicate with Unsuccessful Applicants?
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
You May Also Like
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description