Summer Custodian Job Description
What is a Summer Custodian job description? Download this Summer Custodian Job Description template now for your reference.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling temporary custodian job description is vital when recruiting the right people. By using a ready-made summer custodian job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
What is a Summer Custodian?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Summer Custodian?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Maintain floors in a clean state by sweeping, scrubbing, mopping, and waxing them.
- Empty and clean trash receptacles and collect recycling.
- Clean, sanitize, and supply bathrooms.
- Clean and service custodial equipment as needed.
- Perform minor repairs on furniture, buildings, and equipment.
- Report any safety, sanitary, or fire hazards to the appropriate department.
- Lock and unlock windows, doors, and gates.
- Ensure grounds areas are clean and orderly.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Previous custodial and grounds experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Comfortable squatting, twisting, bending, and kneeling while using tools and performing maintenance tasks.
- Possess working knowledge of the methods, technique, and materials used in custodial work.
- Ability to climb ladders and work from heights.
- Familiar with operating, caring for, and storing custodial equipment and supplies.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Summer Custodian job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Summer Custodian Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Florentina Conner(12/21/2021) - USA
Simply Sublime document :)
Eleni Lambert(12/21/2021) - DEU
I just browsed on the website, find some great documents
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Freelance Producer Job Description
Freelance Video Editor Job Description
Catering Sales Manager Job Description
Electrical Drafter Job Description
CyberSecurity Job Description
Data Analyst Job Description Sample
Customer Success Manager Job Description
Crisis Communications Coordinator Job Description
Creative Copywriting Job Description
Non Profit Executive Director Job Description
Crane Operator Job Description
Cost Accountant Job Description
Economic Analyst Job Description
Talent Management Job Description
Construction Project Manager Job Description
Compensation Specialist Job Description