Rental Application Template Form
How do you use a Rental application form? When looking for a Rental application form you can always download and use this one.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.02 MB)
A rental application form is a document given to a prospective tenant by landlords or property owners. They use this form to screen prospective tenants and decide if they are eligible to rent the property. It is used to assess information like, an individual's employment status, background, credit, and prior leasing history (through references) to make the decision of allowing him or her to lease their property.
How do you use a Rental application form?
Rental applications are designed to help landlords find the best tenants for their rental properties. They do this by asking questions related to a tenant’s financial stability, prior rental experiences, and sometimes criminal history.
- Payment/Rental History; Most rental application forms include data on the prospective tenant’s credit/income and employment history, along with prior rental history. These questions are designed to help a landlord determine if a tenant will be able to afford the monthly rent, consistently pay their rent on time, and if they have had issues with landlords in the past.
- Disclosing Criminal History; Some rental applications also include questions on criminal history and/or sex offender status, for the protection of the other residents. There are some protections for tenants, here, however, that we address in more detail later in the article.
- Proof of Screening Process; Rental applications also show that the landlord has a screening process in place, and shows evidence of what the landlord is looking for in a tenant. This can offer protection to both the landlord and tenant in case there are questions of discrimination later on.
- Who Needs to Fill One Out?; Anyone over the age of 18 who will be living in the rental unit should complete a rental application form.
- Processing Time; While only a few states even address this issue (which we look at under Approving/Denying the Application), it’s a best practice to turn the application around as quickly as possible. This way, tenants don’t move on to another rental unit because they are tired of waiting to hear back from the landlord.
After downloading this form and filling in the blanks, you can easily customize the style, typography, details, and appearance of your Rental application form. If this isn't the right document that you are looking for, then certainly take a look at the other letters that Bizzlibrary.com has to offer. We have many letters ranging from cover letters to business letters and thank you notes.
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Ada Giles(8/18/2021) - AUS
I just searched on the website, find some great document templates
Freida Khan(8/18/2021) - AUS
Materials I was able to download are great. This page is very useful
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Itinerary Daily Template
Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation Template
Happy Easter Post
Firearm Repair Log Template
Equipment Release Form Template
Equipment Maintenance Tracking Template
Equipment Maintenance Log Template
Equipment Lease Agreement Form
Educational Guardianship Form
English Birth Certificate Translation Form
Executive Summary Form
Proposal Form Template for Events
Event Proposal Form Template
Form For Estimating Jobs
Employee Write Up Form Sample
Template for employee self-evaluation