Paralegal Curriculum Vitae
What should be on a paralegal resume? Download this Paralegal Resume Template to learn more.
Review Rating Score
.docx (0.03 MB)
In order to make a positive first impression on your potential employer, it is essential to have a targeted resume highlighting your job-specific details. When you begin to create a paralegal resume it may seem challenging, but we have this ready-made resume template designed to ensure that all your important skills and qualifications are included on your resume. It will save you time and convey your talent in a way that potential employers will remember.
What should be on a paralegal resume?
A resume focuses to highlight more on your skills instead of your past job experiences. It is designed to give a potential employer a positive first impression of you. In essence, your resume is your best marketing tool. The purpose of a resume is to tell an employer the specific skills and experience you have that directly relate to each job you are applying for. A well-constructed and effective resume requires that background work be done before you begin writing. Begin by taking a personal inventory. Examine and refine your skills, interests, accomplishments, and experiences. These include professional, academic, volunteer, and internship experiences.
A paralegal resume should highlight your experiences in the delivery of legal services. This document should include skills such as drafting documents, liaising and interviewing clients, conducting research and investigations, along with your education and qualifications. Download this printable resume template now and you can modify it to best suit your needs.
This paralegal resume includes the following features and key areas:
1. Heading; The Heading, on the top of the page, includes your name and personal contact details (address, zip code, telephone number, and email address). Make sure the email is normal and has no special negative connotation. You may want to include both your campus address and a permanent address. Your phone number is very important.
2. Career Objective; The employers often state that they skip over reading a career objective, so we normally advise clients not to include one. Keep it short and underline or highlight key words. Be sure that it is detailed and specific, and brief at the same time. 1 sentence and keywords are sufficient. It should lead the reader and direct him/her to the position you are interested in. It should include a) the action you want to do, b) the areas in which you want to do it, and c) the skills you have to contribute to that position.
3. Education; The last 5 years are the most important for employers. Unless you have been in the field for several years, the education component will precede your work experience. List your current degree, major, and year of graduation, even if you have not yet graduated. On the next line, list the college's name and location. Do not include your high school experience. You may also list your GPA here if it is above a 3.5, as well as any merit-based scholarships, etc.
4. Related Coursework; If you are lacking in job or internship experience, a relevant coursework section can help demonstrate your skills in a specific field. List up to three classes and give a short description of the work you completed in them. Original research is especially impressive.
5. Related Experience; List the most recent information first. Indicate your job title, the name of the organization, location (city and state), and dates of employment. Next, describe the specific abilities and responsibilities you assumed and acquired in bullet format. Focus on the skills that directly relate to the new position. This is where you can include on-campus involvement, volunteer, and internship experience; remember, it does not have to be paid to count!
By using this Paralegal Resume template sample, personalizing it according to your career or experience and send it to the hiring manager(s). Get this printable resume file now and personalize it according to your needs. Just download this ready-made Paralegal Resume template in Google Docs, MS Word format and you are ready to go!
Is the content above helpfull?
Thanks for letting us know!
Peggy Mooney(4/25/2022) - NZL
Exacly what I was looking for.
Griselda Zamora(4/25/2022) - DEU
Thanks for the tips in your file.
Our Latest Blog
- Writing a Great Resume: Tips from a Professional Resume Writer
- How to build accurate and compliant documents faster
- How to Create Halloween Party Invitations? 2023
- Document Editing and Creating in 2022
We are standing by to assist you. Please keep in mind we are not licensed attorneys and cannot address any legal related questions.
Send a message
You May Also Like
Elementary Teacher Assistant Resume
Cover letter example for resume
Objective for Digital Marketing Resume
Curriculum Vitae Profile
Incident Responder Cover Letter
Basic Chronological Resume Template
Forensic Expert Cover Letter
Information Security Manager cover letter
Business Owner CV
Restaurant Manager CV
Academic Resume Template
House Keeping Resume
Acting CV Template