Rental Agreement Template
How do I write a Rental Agreement Letter? How do you use a Rental Agreement Letter? When looking for a Rental Agreement, surely have a look at this one.
.docx (0.02 MB)
A rental agreement is a written contract between two parties, the landlord (lessor) and the tenant (lessee), that covers a period of rental usually long term which is more than 12 months. This rental agreement is a legal contract that includes the agreed rent of house or property, the agreed term, and conditions to use that property, and all the concerning terms.
How do I create a Rental contract?
A rental agreement differs from a lease agreement because it is not a long-term contract and usually occurs on a monthly basis. Such a month-to-month lease agreement expires and then renews each month upon agreement of the parties involved. So they often have no long-term requirements. At the end of each thirty-day period, both the landlord and the tenant are free to change the rental agreement (subject to local rental laws). Rental agreements, therefore, have more leeway. However, either the tenant or the landlord can alter the terms of the agreement at the end of the period. A rental agreement typically renews automatically after each rental period has finished. The landlord has the option to raise the rent or request that the tenant quit the premises without violating the rental agreement. A landlord must give proper notice to quit, however, prior to requesting the tenant leaves the property.
- Landlord Information: You need to provide information on the landlord of the property. You should mention the landlord's name and complete address. If there are multiple landlords, you need to mention them all.
- Tenant Information: At the very least, you need to list all potential tenants of your property by name. You may also want to include the tenant's current address.
- Premises Information: In your rental agreement, you need to provide basic information about the premises that you are renting. The basic information is the type of property(House, Apartment, Condominium, Basement, Room, or Mobile Home) as well as the address of the property. You may also wish to provide additional information about the property including storage areas and the number of bedrooms or bathrooms. This is optional and not required.
- Premises Guidelines: This is the most important part of any rental agreement. You need to make sure you are covered in writing when it comes to agreements with your tenants over the property.
The following are important topics to discuss when making a rental agreement:
- Utility Name on Bill Payment Method (circle one)
- Electricity, Water, Gas, Heat, Garbage, Internet, Phone, Cable, Other: Even Split Rotating Specific Roommate(s),
- Parking: The Roommates are entitled to park their vehicles on the Premises per the following instructions: Roommate Make and Color of Vehicle Parking Spot Location Each Roommate is responsible for any damage to the Premises caused by him or her including his or her guests.
- Internet Cable/Satellite
- TV Trash
- Pickup Moving Out
- Privacy/Guests/Overnight Guests
- Sharing of Personal Items
- Noise/Study Times & Space
- Smoking, Drinking, Drugs
If you are looking to download a Rental Agreement Template, you can use this one and easily customize it to suit your needs. If this isn't the right document that you are looking for, then certainly take a look at the other letters and files on Bizzlibrary.com.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Jeannetta Branch - USA
So glad to find this document
Christi Rios - USA
I normally do not leave any reviews or ratings. Today I made an exception. Really grateful!
Celine Hendricks - DEU
Emilia Daniel - USA
Exactly what I was looking for, helpful document for my issue
Great rental agreement
Chieko Combs - GBR
Bookmarked you site
Dominque Eaton - NZL
Delivery Instant Download
Your file will be available for download once payment is confirmed. Here's how.
Our Latest Blog
- Tips on Writing an Effective Cover Letter
- How to Keep your Business Competent during Difficult Times
- The Best Job Sites in the USA
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job