Telephone Triage Nurse Job Description
How to write a Telephone Triage Nurse job description. Get this downloadable file now and customize it according to your needs. Reach job seekers directly.
.docx (0.02 MB)
An effective and compelling job description is vital when recruiting the right job candidates. By using a professional job description template, there is no need to start from scratch. It saves time, and by editing this job description template, you will be able to attract the most qualified job candidates for the open position.
How to write a Telephone Triage Nurse job description?
This Job description explainer offers guidance on key sections that are important to include for clarity, as well as suggestions for promoting the position. It provides a list of duties, responsibilities, tasks, requirements, demands for setting job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the work as described. However, it’s often not construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities.
When writing a job description, consider the following:
- Highlight the accurate job title;
- Provide a general company introduction;
- Provide an extract or introduction of the job with key goals or objectives;
- Specify the relevant job duties and responsibilities that are necessary for this position;
- List essential qualifications;
- Be clear and concise in the description;
- Have someone knowledgeable to proofread it;
- Make sure that HR and the hiring manager will sign off before publishing it;
- Define what success looks like in the position after 30 days, the first quarter, and the first year;
- Provide direct contact details of the manager or HR department who will follow up on the candidates;
- Publish it via several social media platforms, or offline media, so you are sure that in-house employees also can get easy access to it.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Telephone Triage Nurse?
The following duties, responsibilities and skills are important for this position:
- Uphold and support the mission, objectives and policies of the TeamHealth AccessNurse.
- Respond promptly to each incoming call.
- If call warrants a triage, the caller’s stated symptoms will be assessed to determine the appropriate level of care required to safely meet the patient’s medical needs. (Emergent, urgent, non-urgent or home care status)
- When appropriate, provide home care instructions using the approved, written guidelines as well as approved reference material provided.
- Utilize all resources and guidelines at his/her disposal to effectively assess, prioritize, advise, schedule classes or physician appointments, or refer calls when necessary to the appropriate medical facility, personnel or specialized community service.
- Refer patients to appropriate medical facilities or providers for care, utilizing approved guidelines as indicated by individual client profiles.
- Thoroughly complete documentation utilizing the appropriate computer software in compliance with the approved policies and procedures.
- Fax all completed Telephone Advice Records and Transaction calls to appropriate physician client immediately by internal fax.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Tennessee or other nursing compact state and other states as deemed necessary by state law or client contract.
- Prefer minimum of three years recent clinical experience in a physician office, home health, critical care and/or emergency room.
- Participation in continuing education programs.
- Familiarity/experience with patient interactions on the telephone.
Since well defined descriptions will attract more suitable candidates for the position, we recommend you to use this Telephone Triage Nurse job description sample. Customize it according to your needs, and then publish it directly to your page and network, you will soon start receiving Resumes and Cover letter from qualified candidates. This Telephone Triage Nurse Job Description template is fully customizable and can be used in Google Docs, MS Word format. Get this printable file now and personalize it according to your needs. If this is not the job description that fits your need, also have a look at many of our other examples of job description templates here.
The content is for informational purposes only, you should not construe any such information or other material as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice. Nothing contained this site constitutes a solicitation, recommendation, endorsement, or offer by Bizzlibrary or any third party service provider to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments in this or in any other jurisdiction in which such solicitation or offer would be unlawful under the securities laws of such jurisdiction.
Arletta Floyd - GBR
Exacly what I needed
Bridgett Walton - USA
Thank you for this doc
Marvin Nunez - DEU
Thanks and I will use your site more often if you don't mind.
Our Latest Blog
- Tips on Writing an Effective Cover Letter
- How to Keep your Business Competent during Difficult Times
- The Best Job Sites in the USA
- Purpose of Cover Letter for Accounting Job